Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

InvadeIT

Kahoy

Has anybody bought computer parts from InvadeIT in Hua Hin. They are cheaper than Lazada and have a good range of the parts I need to build a new desktop. The total price for the parts I need is about 10% more expensive than online prices in Australia so not too bad. They deliver to Pattaya by Kerry Express for 300 baht.

I've bought several items from InvadeIT over the years. Never a problem and any questions I've had have been quickly answered via email. Others have posted equally good experiences with them, in fact I can't remember ever seeing a negative review.

Just a comment for anybody wanting to buy parts, I've been hard put to find any one site in Australia which has every part I want in stock right now but this place does.

I'm going to build a mini-itx desktop using the Cooler Master Elite 110 case which is the only case I can find which is small and light enough to fit in carry on baggage and yet has enough clearance for a cpu fan cooler which will take a full power cpu like K series intel processors. I don't want to use a water cooler because I can take it in carry on unless I empty it and they are heavier.

I've bought from InvadeIT also and they do have good in most cases. But they are not always the cheapest. I just bought a APC BX9500OU-MS UPS about two hours ago and it was 400 Baht cheaper on Lazada (from JIB Computer).

I'd take a look at both Lazada and InvadeIT.

17 minutes ago, Goolabert said:

I'd take a look at both Lazada and InvadeIT.

I did. The Intel  i7-9700K processor is about 1,000 baht cheaper on Lazada while the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390i motherboard is 8,190 on InvadeIT but variously 8999, 11610 or 13,923 baht on Lazada. The all important Cooler Master Elite 110 case is 1,350 on Lazada and 1,230 at InvadeIT. Other stuff about the same price.

I need 9 things and InvadeIT has all of them for 300 delivery.

I don't know what the customer service or returns are like with lazada, i didn't trust it. I purchased quite a bit of equipment from InvadeIT and the support was excellent. When there was an extremely specific question they didn't know the answer to, they admitted it was not their specialty and helped to find it out properly, this is a rare occurrence in thailand.

I had a fair amount of questions before purchase and they didn't give a single shady answer, everything was answered to the fullest possible extent with complete honesty. I had one post-sale "problem" which they didn't try to dodge helping out with. They gave some good advice to help test / isolate the problem and offered to replace the item. I didn't take them up on that because it was quite a subjective problem and i realised i was being a bit unrealistic/pedantic.

Everything was shipped out quickly.

I have been buying from them for several years, and have been very happy with their service. Thomas the farang owner has always been responsive to emails. In the past he's even ordered special stuff for me that he doesn't really carry. (a dual slot M.2 card for a Synology NAS)

I have zero hesitation whole heartedly recommending InvadeIT as a parts source. And while I've found they are not always the least expensive, they have always been the easiest source for me to order from. 

My own SFF build was with a Silverstone Raven RVZ01 case and the NT06-Pro cooler. There is not a lot of extra room in there but it all fits. :-)

9 minutes ago, Garzan said:

My own SFF build was with a Silverstone Raven RVZ01 case and the NT06-Pro cooler. There is not a lot of extra room in there but it all fits. :-)

I looked at this case but it's just a bit big for carry on baggage where maximum width is 34cm. Nice cpu cooler.

12 hours ago, Kahoy said:

I looked at this case but it's just a bit big for carry on baggage where maximum width is 34cm. Nice cpu cooler.

Yes, that would be an issue. Sitting on my desktop, it does seem quite small (and quiet). I was mostly looking at being able to fit a full size video card (GTX1060) inside. The RVZ01 has a nice big open area to stick a full length card. :-)

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

Yes, that would be an issue. Sitting on my desktop, it does seem quite small (and quiet). I was mostly looking at being able to fit a full size video card (GTX1060) inside. The RVZ01 has a nice big open area to stick a full length card. :-)

I'm not a gamer, I just code a lot and work remotely in IT. If it was just a gaming machine I would stick it in checked in baggage but this is a work machine and reliability is key. I don't need a powerful processor but hey, if you are buying new parts then buy good ones. I need an ultra reliable that's not a laptop. I don't travel often and have a monitor in Australia and in Pattaya so don't need a laptop, their screens are too small for my old eyes anyway. Laptops are expensive and under powered and I can build a much stronger desktop for the same money as an average laptop.

I bought one of these mini pc thingys and put 32 Gb RAM and a 500 Gb NVMe SSD in it but I don't trust it to stay alive long. http://www.inctel.com.cn/product/detail/479.html

2 hours ago, Kahoy said:

I'm not a gamer, I just code a lot and work remotely in IT. 

For that sort of use case, I'd be tempted to go with an Intel NUC. http://i.nvade.it/aD5 I bought a NUC6 (so a couple of cpu generations old) to use as our family PC / HTPC. It's been rock solid, and dead quiet, and would be easy to transport as a mobile desktop. You certainly wouldn't run into any airline case restrictions. :-) 

I also bought the i3 version for my daughter in the US, and she's been very happy with it as her home PC. The little Intel boxes just run, and run. 

Just now, Garzan said:

I also bought the i3 version for my daughter in the US, and she's been very happy with it as her home PC. The little Intel boxes just run, and run. 

That's similar to what I have but mine is passively cooled. The problem with NUC boxes is that you need a very short cpu cooler and so only a 65W cpu. I initially decided to go this route and looked at the Euler S case but in the end I figured I was better off with the CM 110 as it will still fit easily in carry on and  I can use a 70mm fan like the Noctua NH-L12S which can comfortably support the i7-9700K.

Archived