IGNORED

New DoubleTree Hilton Suk Soi 2 opening October 2019

Shaksey

Closer to the action than the one on Soi 26 and will have the latest DTree spec rooms and tech etc with that nice new-hotel smell and general goodness :D

https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/thailand/doubletree-by-hilton-bangkok-ploenchit-BKKSODI/index.html

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I stayed there while it was getting renovated. Can’t remember the name (Majestic??). It was nice hotel. Beds where good and comfy. Room was nice and comfortable. Pool was great, breakfast was fine. There was no lobby as the renovations were taking place. The hotel needed a renovation as rooms were starting to show there age. I think I payed $90 - 100 aud. It’s only 100 to 200m walk to nana. I’d stay again. My stay was November 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The old Majestic Grand, My favorite hotel in Bangkok.  Not sure what it is like now.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Based on TripAdvisor reviews, renovations are still ongoing (and causing problems for some, but not others)

I was looking to stay here, but the pool area is under renovation, it's a tiny pool, but that also means that the restaurant where breakfast is served is closed for now.

• 2 weeks later...

This place is still under renovation. Price wise it is cheaper than the Double Tree in Soi 26.

Edited by applc
  • Like 1

I've booked for Feb. I'm only there two nights, one of which is an 8pm arrival, so the pool wasn't a deal breaker and at 40k HH points for two nights it was too good to turn down.

On google maps there appears to be walk through to soi 4 almost directly in front of the hotel but it's not 100% clear.

Can nayone confirm if you can cut through to soi 4?

• 3 months later...

I have seen it late. Yea surely there is Rajah Alley which connects Double Tree Hilton to Soi4 near Hillary2 bar. Just follow the yellow arrows .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjustments.thumb.jpg.86221fe525f6e7d315e9c6800f497c9b.jpg

• 8 months later...