IGNORED

Airline travel costs

Guiness

i have been checking on flight cost for los in march, i was tracking etihad at 703 euro for my prefered dates in march for the last two weeks. i hoped that the fare would drop, however it went up to 865EURO APPROX day before yesterday.

i checked going out from uk , which was approx 600euro and was about to pay up when today i checked on etihad from dublin again at lunch time today and found that the price had returned to 704euro , which i immediately booked sucessfully . i am sooooooooo HAPPY.

however can anyone please explain what would be the basis for the rate going up so massively and then reurning to almost the same price??in approx 48hours???

regards.. :Drunk_Party::P:D:GoldenSmile1::Evil_Grin2::Evil_Grin2:

Lots of companies put 'holds' on seats, then cancel after the 24-48 hold period.

There are about 40 different pricing structures within Economy class on each plane that flies.

The first 20 seat will be at the cheapest, the next 20 will have the next price hike, the next 40 will be another price and so on. You may have just caught it when a few seats were made available, hence, the flight company being able to sell the cheaper rated seats.

good one,

i agree with you as i noticed one site showed my return flight as fully booked but they were obviously freed up.

thanks for the info :P

i checked up again this evening..... back up to 860euro

happy days!!!! :Drunk_Party::Drunk_Party::24::CatDance1:

if only i had wings! but since i have a penis, i guess ill have to book on Thai Air.

I just saw my flight from Macedonia drop $200 and then go up $200. I don't know if I should buy now for a March flight or wait and see if it drops

My mate just booked flight on etihad today for £425 on 12 march so there are flights that are cheap just have to look around

JUST SCORED THIS ONE:

LAX TO BKK, $869 ALL IN ROUND TRIP ON EVA AIR, BUT YOU GOTTA BE A GREEN CARD MEMBER OR BETTER,

LOS ANGELES

TAIPEI(TAOYUAN) BR0015

B777 5/12/2009 01:30

TAIPEI(TAOYUAN)

BANGKOK BR0211

B777 5/13/2009 08:30

5/13/2009 11:05

BANGKOK

TAIPEI(TAOYUAN) BR0062

TAIPEI(TAOYUAN)

LOS ANGELES BR0012

B777 6/9/2009 18:40

6/9/2009 15:25

Fare(Insurance/Fuel surcharge/Taxes included)

Total Fares USD 868.70

I just booked @ $995 with United flying from the midwest US to BKK in late Feb to mid March. I've flown out this time the last 3 yrs and this price is about the same. Anything sub $1000, I'll take with a smile!!

have been tracking flights for about 4 months. i got my flight with jet airways at end of october 08 and it was 430 pounds. i thought that would never be bettered but i have actually seen the same flight for 392 pounds. i dont think there is any real right time to book a flight. what i mean is i used to think that if you booked well in advance you would get a better deal but thats just not the case. my particular flight is not 502 pounds but it has been going up and down like a yoyo in the last 4 months. from what i can see on expedia.com etihad and jet are the cheapest. bit of a pain going via mumbai but so long as i get there i dont care

I booked my flights for April trip, £451 return from heathrow, now thats cheap.

Etihad air quoted same flights £480, went on ebookers same flights £451, god knows why there cheaper with ebookers, who's complaining, well it aint me :P:P

I think the airline prices will remain quite low because the seats are not full in the planes, and because of the cheaper kerosine airlines will be able to competete to get their planes filled.

Especially if a stop over is not a problem, good deals can be made!

China Air LAX -BKK 725$ return. Join dynsty fliers. Just got E-mail telling me they will pick

me up from home now. 45 miles from LAX free bus service. They are very temping offers

showing up everywhere!

I booked my flight for May for €619 with Air Berlin from dusseldorf, 2 weeks ago.

Today for the same dates it was €589.

Damn, one LT wasted

I was expecting lower fares but since I have set dates for my holiday I couldn't risk waiting.

:Whistle: EK are doing cheap deals at the moment .A pic of me and my family departing the uk .ENJOY

cheers chris :Whistle: she take to much baggage.

Wriggley Tin 1

There are flight going for £391 with Etihad for Feb & Mar try looking at southall travel web-site

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

i always book my flight on lastminute.com and only book it a week in advance. This way i find i get the best prices

i spotted etihad to bkk ex dublin done up to 960 euro two days ago and back to 703 yesterday, figure that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :10of10Score: i bought at 703 :wub::Chokdee:

• 2 weeks later...