Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cheap calls Thai to UK

I have been looking for a way to make cheap calls from my Thai mobile to uk landline and mobile.

Went to com centre and they sell a pack from a company called ' dee dial '. This advertises on their web site calls to uk landline from 0.99 baht per min.

So I signed up, 300 baht with 100 baht free. Made a couple of calls to uk landline and found I was getting the mobile rate of 7 baht per min.

Contacted the company and they informed me that uk landline numbers starting with 01/2/5/6/7/8 are special numbers and charged at mobile rates !

That pretty much covers every uk landline and they do not advertise this anywhere. So DO NOT USE this rip off company.

If anyone knows any good companies to use then please let me know.

Thanks

Som Num Na

My missus uses skype on the computer and she is happy with it.

Thailand $ 0.113 $ 0.130

Thailand-Bangkok $ 0.062 $ 0.071

Thailand - Mobile $ 0.115 $ 0.132

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

thanks, I haven't got computer set up yet and so only have mobile....although I do have Internet on my mobile so am trying to make skype work. Just wanted a nice easy/ cheap way to call my mates on their landline/mobies for cheap.

Som Num Na

I have been looking for a way to make cheap calls from my Thai mobile to uk landline and mobile.

Went to com centre and they sell a pack from a company called ' dee dial '. This advertises on their web site calls to uk landline from 0.99 baht per min.

So I signed up, 300 baht with 100 baht free. Made a couple of calls to uk landline and found I was getting the mobile rate of 7 baht per min.

Contacted the company and they informed me that uk landline numbers starting with 01/2/5/6/7/8 are special numbers and charged at mobile rates !

That pretty much covers every uk landline and they do not advertise this anywhere. So DO NOT USE this rip off company.

If anyone knows any good companies to use then please let me know.

Thanks

Were you dialling 0044 (then the UK number), or

00944 (then the UK num)

The latter is considerably cheaper than the former.

Edited by luvyoulongtime

I use Skype as well and have the 9.99 package that gives free unlimited landline calls to about 30 countries. Have to say never call Uk mobiles on skype as they charge 20p a minute or so. If it was just landlines then skype is great as you can talk for hours, also many internet cafes around town advertise skype so once you open an account you can use it anywhere just by logging in.

I have looked at the cheap calling cards etc but you nearly always end up at 7bt a min to get mobiles or landlines in the Uk

yes I have been using the 00944, which is loads cheaper. Guess it's going to have to beabout 7baht a min for calling the mates.

To be honest, with the exchange rate down to almost 45 at atm's, sod em, i will keep the money for more interesting things ! Lol

Som Num Na

Does this 009 before the number work with ALL the various phone sims thinymajigs?

Or is it specific to deedial?

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Does this 009 before the number work with ALL the various phone sims thiymajigs?

Or is it specific to deedial?

Hedonist

You can and should use 009 44 then uk number (dropping the first zero). Much cheaper that way. r

• 3 months later...
thanks, I haven't got computer set up yet and so only have mobile....although I do have Internet on my mobile so am trying to make skype work. Just wanted a nice easy/ cheap way to call my mates on their landline/mobies for cheap.

I have Skype on my small computer, which is fairly cheap to the UK, but on the other PC, we have Yahoo Voice. very cheap too. Only thing with yahoo, it will not recognise the Area Code of 01952, which is where most of my family live! yahoo, is very very easy, just type it in...

BIGROD78

• 2 weeks later...

Would that 008 or 009 only work to the UK, or for calls to other European countries as well?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using localphone for almost a year. The reason I like it is because if you enter a Thai number, they will give you a direct local number to call for each of your contacts. So your +66 number becomes 020 (local number). To call a thai mobile it is 1p a minute.

Local Phone

Edited by MintyCock