IGNORED

View Talay 7 - Court orders work to STOP

Blackpuddin

I hope you guys who have bought or have payed deposits on condo's in View Talay 7 heeded my warnings.

The Administrative court has ruled that the project known as View Talay 7 is in breach of Thai law with regard to the construction of buildings over 14 meters in height are NOT allowed within 200 meters of the waterline. All building work must stop - I look out my balcony - my it is so quiet and peaceful out there.

This is not the end - there will be more hearings.

What will be the knock on effect?

There are already other condo projects under construction or already recently completed that could be "at risk" you can read more about the progress - or lack of progress of View Talay 7 here Stop VT7 and Pattaya Jomtien Condos

That is GREAT news for all the guys who live down there!!! I was in VT1 Build A for 2 years and I loved my veiw I had a end unit on 13 Sunsets every night over the water!!! And now I live in a house with No view!

DSC01719es.jpg

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Nice picture OldOne

I got my camera ready - nearly 6pm

The sun will be setting shortly over the unfinished piles of View Talay 7

Ah what a pleasant evening

Hope they suceed in keeping their view .Was in one of those Condos briefly in Jomtien Complex ,and they do have a great view .

>>The Administrative court has ruled that the project known as View Talay 7 is in breach of Thai law with regard to the construction of buildings over 14 meters in height are NOT allowed within 200 meters of the waterline <<

There are loads of Condo buildings though at the northern end of Dontang Beach ,which break this rule . :blink:

I don't know anything about Thai law, but didn't they have to get this thing approved before they started building? With all the money at stake you'd think they'd do things right.

What other condo projects are in the same predicament?

Rex

I don't know anything about Thai law, but didn't they have to get this thing approved before they started building? With all the money at stake you'd think they'd do things right.

What other condo projects are in the same predicament?

Rex

Of course they did things right - they got a buiding permit from Pattaya City Hall.

Now how do you think they managed that?

There are several condos that have gone the same route to build within the 200 meter line.

View Talay 5 next to View Talay 7 is within the 200 Meter line

The lawyers have said that if the View talay 7 ruling is upheld then that is a precedent and any complaint about View Talay 5 could result in a worse case scenario leading to a demolition order.

Now we know that this practice is illegal - I forcast a MASSIVE upset in the condo market.

After all who is going to trust a developer who does this sort of thing?

Or any developer who has obtained an "iffy" building permit.

I wonder if the View Talay 7 (owners) will get their money back?

Projects like this are financed in great part by advance sales. Millions of Baht have been spent digging the foundations and doing the piling - all along they have known about what they did and the legal proceedings against them

They chose to ignore this.

Som nam na