IGNORED

Chill & Pepper Restaurant

davethailand

This place opened about 6 weeks ago and ever since the opening do I've promised the owner that we'd go there for dinner so tonight we did!

Its a lovely looking place with an outdoor seating area where you can watch the world go by or an indoor and upstairs section also, all very nicely decorated and very modern.

The menus were good with pictures of certain dishes (which actually looked the same as the food we received) and in the end we all ordered Thai although the european menu looked very nice with steaks and pasta's etc.

We ordered various dishes ranging from tom yum gai, satay moo, yam nuea and Kang-Ped Bhet-Yang etc and I can honestly say that all dishes were very nice and flavour wise also very good unlike some of the "farang" style Thai food that you get here.

That with a few beers and a lot more food than I mentioned the bill was 2200bht for 6 people which I think all will agree is very reasonable.

Anyway I HIGHLY recommend this place.

:)

This place opened about 6 weeks ago and ever since the opening do I've promised the owner that we'd go there for dinner so tonight we did!

Its a lovely looking place with an outdoor seating area where you can watch the world go by or an indoor and upstairs section also, all very nicely decorated and very modern.

The menus were good with pictures of certain dishes (which actually looked the same as the food we received) and in the end we all ordered Thai although the european menu looked very nice with steaks and pasta's etc.

We ordered various dishes ranging from tom yum gai, satay moo, yam nuea and Kang-Ped Bhet-Yang etc and I can honestly say that all dishes were very nice and flavour wise also very good unlike some of the "farang" style Thai food that you get here.

That with a few beers and a lot more food than I mentioned the bill was 2200bht for 6 people which I think all will agree is very reasonable.

Anyway I HIGHLY recommend this place.

:Whistle:

Agree! Great place, both the farang and thai food. // Johan

Went there last month food was great

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

my gf went there a few days ago with some onther staff from her work.

she the food is good but bit overpriced for what you get.

she said not really a place for people that live here.

good for the people on holiday.

i guess i have to check it out myself one day.

wondering if someone could snap a photo of the outside of it...always helpful...thanks in advance!

also on price, since you included drinks in your bin, its hard to tell how good a deal it might be...if youre like me and have one or two each person, then it sounds a bit high (i figure 300baht per person for local food n bev, so 1800baht), but if the drinks were flowing like the mighty colorado river, not bad at all.

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

wondering if someone could snap a photo of the outside of it...always helpful...thanks in advance!

also on price, since you included drinks in your bin, its hard to tell how good a deal it might be...if youre like me and have one or two each person, then it sounds a bit high (i figure 300baht per person for local food n bev, so 1800baht), but if the drinks were flowing like the mighty colorado river, not bad at all.

price sounds high to me as well

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=AC%20Baby!!!&count=down&time=1314994800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

Drinks wise I reckon about just under a thousand and as said we had a lot of food, more than is listed here, about 11 dishes including fish and duck etc, I've lived here 7+ years now and the prices are spot on. :wub:

Edited by davethailand

my gf went there a few days ago with some onther staff from her work.

she the food is good but bit overpriced for what you get.

she said not really a place for people that live here.

good for the people on holiday.

i guess i have to check it out myself one day.

Agreed on the prices - overpriced

Try the long standing "Or Ahan Thai" a few doors over with the bed of ice and fresh seafood laid out upon it - a real Thai place with real Thai prices.

You can eat like a king there for a few hundred baht.

I agree with you Booby i discovered this Orahan Thai rest on last trip as was near where I stay on Pattaya Tai.

Very popular family restaurant and all types of customers too, straight/gay/ladyboy nobody minds at all.

Very reasonable food and tasty food too but service is bit slow.

Wil try the newer Chilli/Pepper plus the Cucumber rest as like to try and compare restaurants as spoilt for choice.

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Agreed on the prices - overpriced

Try the long standing "Or Ahan Thai" a few doors over with the bed of ice and fresh seafood laid out upon it - a real Thai place with real Thai prices.

You can eat like a king there for a few hundred baht.

look at the kind of place it is and you'll see why its not priced the same as the street type thai restaurants. Its more of a modern trendy type place with very good service like you'd get in a proper restaurant, They obviously aren't trying to compete with the outdoor or traditional thai type places :ThumbDown1:

Edited by davethailand