IGNORED

Hotel or CONDO/Apartment???

USAFvet7

OK, so I will be staying 30 days on my trip and I have been researching and trying to figure out if a hotel or some of these condos would be my best bet??? I have read about a certain Condo that is certainly off my list, but I have seen some pretty nice ones in Pattaya that I would be interested in. A few on Air B and B ...flipkey even had some great ones that I also saw on Agoda. As with the hotels i'm pretty sure you may have to ask if they are guest friendly (or would you) I mean it is a condo or apartment right? I know about the cleaning fees and even electric and water fees that some have but I was just wondering if they would be better than a hotel? Normally when I travel I like to find a nice home with a private pool, but as I am coming alone I was trying to look at more options... Right now I am leaning towards hotels because there are so many reviews and photos of what to expect. However, when it comes to the Apartment rentals there is not as much...

Any and all help would be appreciated.:ThumbUp6:

Condos/app`ts can be superb value if you get right one, im saying this never having stopped in one myself, but i`ve read comments/reviews and seen pictures and some of them look great.

If i was ever to stop in one i`d definitely want cleaning services, im on holiday afterall, plus i`d never use the cooking facilities either, other than not being very domesticated i dont want to be doing household chores on my holidays.

I`ve always been an hotel man myself, old habits die hard, but i can imagine the other option can be  just as good.

I always go for the hotels. I like to have daily house keeping and a bit of security when it comes to bringing girls I don't know.
Condos might be better value though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Read my trip reports here, thanks:

September 2019November 2019

May 2023November 2023

Many condos have better security than many of the hotels.

Also many condos offer a cleaning service.

You should always ask if there are any restrictions on having a personal guest stay the night.

It would help BM to give advice if you state your budget and dates.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I have always stayed in hotels because my trips are 1 week to 10 days.  But @Evilfriar mentioned http://dancewatchers.com/ in another thread.  I have already booked Bay Breeze for my August trip, but I will try View Talay  for my October trip after seeing what they have.

For 30 days - I suggest that a condo is the 'better' value.  I realize that my suggestion is based on 'subjective' concepts regarding the term 'value' and 'better'.

The price should be significantly lower for a condo vs. a hotel.  Many condo buildings have most everything a hotel offers - a small restaurant in the lobby area, 24/7 security, laundry and room cleaning crews, a small shop to buy drinks and snacks from, a swimming pool, a good location, comfortable furnishings, covered parking and many condos often have a 'front desk' that is staffed (At least during the daytime.).  One other factor is that the lobby area in a condo is often far less crowded or nearly as busy as a hotel lobby is because the condos have a reduced amount of 'comings and goings' everyday with tourists checking in and checking out.  There are usually taxis and motorbike taxi people hanging out near condos at all hours too.  I feel that condos are quieter than hotels and if sleeping is important to you, then again - I suggest a condo.  Rest is vital when on holidays because you are in a different time zone and you are pushing yourself to have fun - which involves drinking alcohol in a hot and humid environment - perhaps a different climate than you are used to - and that can have an effect on your body - if you fail to get enough undisturbed sleep.  I like to sometimes make breakfast when I'm holidays, simple stuff like eggs and toast - which is easy to do in a condo because they come equipped with a toaster, pots, pans, dishes glasses and silverware.

Did I mention that at a condo - there is no 'joiner fee' - which a number of hotels do charge their customers?

This is just my worthless opinion.

I decided to try a condo a few years ago and haven’t switched back to hotels. Condo suits me much better. It does depend on what you want though. 

Want to stay very Central Pattaya? Then condo choice more limited and more expensive.

Likely to take numerous barfines each day? Then having daily maid service in a hotel would be useful.

For me, a condo is a much cheaper option than a hotel - I usually stay a month each trip. Generally more private and I get more space. Yes, I have to arrange cleaning but every condo I’ve stayed in so far has had that onsite.

Again staying in a condo in a couple of weeks.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, Komando said:

For 30 days - I suggest that a condo is the 'better' value.  I realize that my suggestion is based on 'subjective' concepts regarding the term 'value' and 'better'.

The price should be significantly lower for a condo vs. a Hotel.  Many condo buildings have most everything a Hotel offers - a small restaurant in the lobby area, 24/7 security, laundry and room cleaning crews, a small shop to buy drinks and snacks from, a swimming pool, a good location, comfortable furnishings, covered parking and many condos often have a 'front desk' that is staffed (At least during the daytime.).  One other factor is that the lobby area in a condo is often far less crowded or nearly as busy as a Hotel lobby is because the condos have a reduced amount of 'comings and goings' everyday with tourists checking in and checking out.  There are usually taxis and motorbike taxi people hanging out near condos at all hours too.  I feel that condos are quieter than hotels and if sleeping is important to you, then again - I suggest a condo.  Rest is vital when on holidays because you are in a different time zone and you are pushing yourself to have fun - which involves drinking alcohol in a hot and humid environment - perhaps a different climate than you are used to - and that can have an effect on your body - if you fail to get enough undisturbed sleep.  I like to sometimes make breakfast when I'm holidays, simple stuff like eggs and toast - which is easy to do in a condo because they come equipped with a toaster, pots, pans, dishes glasses and silverware.

Did I mention that at a condo - there is no 'joiner fee' - which a number of hotels do charge their customers?

This is just my worthless opinion.

With such great points such as these its hard to say no to the condo... thanks so much for the input:ThumbUp6:

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I decided to try a condo a few years ago and haven’t switched back to hotels. Condo suits me much better. It does depend on what you want though. 

Want to stay very Central Pattaya? Then condo choice more limited and more expensive.

Likely to take numerous barfines each day? Then having daily maid service in a hotel would be useful.

For me, a condo is a much cheaper option than a hotel - I usually stay a month each trip. Generally more private and I get more space. Yes, I have to arrange cleaning but every condo I’ve stayed in so far has had that onsite.

Again staying in a condo in a couple of weeks.

Sounds good...I have seen some prices are competitive, but as @Komando said the quiet and not having as much traffic are a major plus...

My last few trips I've started with 3 nights in a hotel then the rest in a condo. I use Airbnb and find the reviews very handy. It's great having the extra space that a condo offers but I like the hotel experience for my first few days. 

OP - I would suggest that you consider a condotel...monthly rates are usually available. These are basically hotels, but with condo type layouts. Ones I would recommend are At Mind, Amari Nova Suites and KTK...pics below. Condos don’t really do it for me, I prefer to get my room cleaned, bedding changed and clean towels exactly when I need them...but to each their own. 

2417B579-9F15-4207-BE21-E0459677B265.jpeg

E133FABF-97F0-4E46-8244-E29F1D38AC33.jpeg

98E69DE6-3C35-41E1-A229-0F15C6D9D489.jpeg

9 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

OP - I would suggest that you consider a condotel...monthly rates are usually available. These are basically hotels, but with condo type layouts. Ones I would recommend are At Mind, Amari Nova Suites and KTK...pics below. Condos don’t really do it for me, I prefer to get my room cleaned, bedding changed and clean towels exactly when I need them...but to each their own. 

2417B579-9F15-4207-BE21-E0459677B265.jpeg

E133FABF-97F0-4E46-8244-E29F1D38AC33.jpeg

98E69DE6-3C35-41E1-A229-0F15C6D9D489.jpeg

Now this is what I would look for in a normal condo... condotel: I will be checking these out...You have been a great help. If I can find something like this then skipping a condo will be just fine...One thing I should mention though is that the condos I was looking at had cleaning services available daily ...

I've used a condo the last couple of years, but rent one for 3 months. One month is probably the minimum amount of time where renting a condo makes sense..Using one of the condotels that LW mentions would be good compromise, where you can rent on a nightly or weekly basis.  I've never used AirB&B so I can't comment on that option.

If you plan on traveling to various locations, then sticking with a hotel is probably your best bet

Archived