IGNORED

AirAsia - Checking in 2 Bags

Explorer8939

I don’t see an option to check in more than 1 20 kg bag on their web site. Is there a way to check in 2 bags?

i fly into Bangkok on an international flight and go up to Khon Kaen the next day. Since I have 2 bags and won’t be coming back to Bangkok any time soon, I would like to check both of my bags on the AA flight to KKC.

As far as I can see you are only limited to 20kg. If you have 2 x 10kg should not be a problem. I am sure that AA has a help line.

image.png

I figured it out all by myself. If you use the AirAsia app, if you have purchased 20 kg of baggage, it is displayed as a green luggage icon. You can click it again, and it increases to 30 kg (you have to pay more for the 10 kg). I clicked it twice, got to 40 kg, paid the fee, and now I can bring 2 suitcases to Pattaya from Khon Kaen. That means I can bring my condoms.

Its very simple on the website to add extra luggage to your booking

20kg is just the standard setting

On 18/06/2019 at 23:33, Explorer8939 said:

That means I can bring my condoms.

Maybe you should switch to fetherlite!

I purchased the 20KG baggage addon on AsiaAsia and checked in three pieces (10 kg + 4 kg + 4kg =18kg) with no problem.

The checkin was over the counter.

So the number of pieces is not an issue. It is the total weight that counts.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, peterbkk2 said:

I purchased the 20KG baggage addon on AsiaAsia and checked in three pieces (10 kg + 4 kg + 4kg =18kg) with no problem.

The checkin was over the counter.

So the number of pieces is not an issue. It is the total weight that counts.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

As I get closer to departure, my suitcases are getting heavier, so I am paying for the extra, up front so it’s cheaper.

I take it that you know you have to change airports in Bangkok as well from BKK to DMK.

9 hours ago, bobbybgood said:

I take it that you know you have to change airports in Bangkok as well from BKK to DMK.

Yep. I fly in from Shanghai to BKK, one night in Bangkok, then taxi to DMK to fly to Khon Kaen. One night in Khon Kaen, then fly to U-Tapao, taxi to Jomtien. Put my bags in my storage locker, take a small bags of clothes, and do Pattaya for a few days.

i have heavy bags because I will be in Shanghai on business.

Actually, I am not sure if what I purchased was extra weight for 1 suitcase, or an allowance for a second suitcase. I guess I will find out at the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

No problem with 2 bags on AirAsia.

Archived