Roadglide

eSIM or physical SIM card

Roadglide

I have a iPhone Xs, it has both an eSIM plus a physical SIM card holder.  In the past I have always taken a spare phone with me to Thailand and purchased a physical tourist SIM at the airport.

I no longer want to carry two phones with me since my iPhone Xs is the one that I have my LINE app on, and using the spare phone as a hotspot primarily to use data to use LINE but also to have a local number for texting and talking.

Can you get an eSIM at the airport, or would you suggest moving my USA AT&T service to the eSIM and purchase a physical tourist SIM card at the airport.

Looking for suggestions and experiences.

bfinkay

Can speak for Oz that not all our telecom providers support eSim, probably worth checking out whether they are supported in Meuangthai

masterslayer169

Move your primary sim to esim and use the physical slot. That’s what I did. Since I’m not going to be switching my primary number, I’ve converted that to an esim to free up the physical slot. The slot can now be used to get a SIM card for any country I go.

Ideally esim would be easier for travel, but most countries have not adapted to it properly yet including Thailand. You have to buy a normal sim and then convert it to esim. Might take time and not sure if the airport guys would even do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk