IGNORED

Advice for newbie

c200bruce

Hey everyone,

I am planning my first visit to Thailand towards the end of June. I will be travelling solo and spending 6-7 days in Bangkok, planning to stay near Thermae.

I guess my biggest concern is my background, I am originally from India but have been in Australia for 12 years so in a way I am not very Indian(?) in my behavior I guess? I would really appreciate if some of you experienced folks would give some insight/ tips to increase my hit-rate . Are Thermae pickups even doable for someone of my background? In addition to Thermae I will visit Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy.

Cheers for the help! I will be sure to write some reviews once I am back to help out fellow brown skinned Aussies! 

if you're only in bangkok, maybe check out bangkok-addicts.com and read some trip reports from indians there to get a better impression of the situation. you also posted in the wrong section. this belongs either (imho) in newbie advice or in the bangkok section. but no biggie, maybe a mod moves it.

some gogos will unfortunately discriminate against you, in others you will be fine. not much you can do about it. stay friendly and don't let it drag you down. you can always (if you want to do that) offer to buy a drink directly at the entrance or give the bouncer a 100thb tip. this helps sometimes. 

@thermae: cannot help you there with specific info, sorry. i'm sure there are still girls willing to go with you. just try it and report back. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Thermea is very much geared towards Koreans and Japanese. A lot of girls will not even look at Caucasians. 

I have not seen a lot of Indians in the place to be quite honest. Best bet is to just go in and walk around to see if you get any interest.

Be carful out the front. Many ladyboys freelance along the street.

If Africans interest you, walk along Sukhumvit Road from Thermae to Nana Plaza after 11pm. Many freelancers around the Nana Skytrain stairs. Stay on the same side of the road that Thermae is on.

Oh, one little trick if you want to get around being forced to buy a drink as soon as you enter Thermae is to walk up the steps into the Raumchitt hotel foyer, past reception and on your left is a set of stairs leading down to Thermae. 

9 hours ago, petehoax said:

if you're only in bangkok, maybe check out bangkok-addicts.com and read some trip reports from indians there to get a better impression of the situation. you also posted in the wrong section. this belongs either (imho) in newbie advice or in the bangkok section. but no biggie, maybe a mod moves it.

some gogos will unfortunately discriminate against you, in others you will be fine. not much you can do about it. stay friendly and don't let it drag you down. you can always (if you want to do that) offer to buy a drink directly at the entrance or give the bouncer a 100thb tip. this helps sometimes. 

@thermae: cannot help you there with specific info, sorry. i'm sure there are still girls willing to go with you. just try it and report back. 

Oops sorry for posting in the wrong section, I made a post in the bangkok-addicts forum and got some info there as well. Will definitely go to thermae for a quick drink and see if anything transpires lol!

8 hours ago, thumper64 said:

Thermea is very much geared towards Koreans and Japanese. A lot of girls will not even look at Caucasians. 

I have not seen a lot of Indians in the place to be quite honest. Best bet is to just go in and walk around to see if you get any interest.

Be carful out the front. Many Ladyboys freelance along the street.

If Africans interest you, walk along Sukhumvit Road from Thermae to Nana Plaza after 11pm. Many freelancers around the Nana Skytrain stairs. Stay on the same side of the road that Thermae is on.

Oh, one little trick if you want to get around being forced to buy a drink as soon as you enter Thermae is to walk up the steps into the Raumchitt Hotel foyer, past reception and on your left is a set of stairs leading down to Thermae. 

Cheers! Thanks for the insight!

Archived