IGNORED

Nakluea Resteraunt Recommendations ????

I return to the Pattaya area next week for a 6 week stay, after a 10 week absence. I am back again in September for a 7 month stay.

Looks like during the 6 week stay I will be spending some time in Nakluea, which is an area I am pretty much unfamiliar with. The GF is helping her sister open a hair salon over there. I suspect from time to time, I will meet said GF for supper in the early evening.

I am looking for recommendations for good restaurants, not cheap eats places, although cheap eats can be good as well. On my radar so far are "Fat Belly" and "Grottinos". I would be interested in hearing about others.

Po Yu Yen Rot restaurant 200 yards from Woodlands Resort is a Basic Thai food and Seafood place, cheap and cheerful in a Thai way, not had any bad food there.

Siamese Cuisine, Air Con upmarket Thai food opposite Woodlands good setting with Thai service (service has been hit and miss in past) 

Mai Thai, past the top restaurant away from Woodlands about 400yards, Thai/Euro fusion cuisine and quite often the best meal had during our trips. pricier but service and menu are better. 

Mum Aroi Nakluea right on the water.

F_Moom_Aroi_Restaurant_Naklua_Pattaya_Gallery_201100000994.jpg

In Naklua Road, several mid-range restaurants on the left-hand side about 300-400m north from the Dolphin roundabout. First is Wiener Kuche (Vienna Kitchen) and then just a bit further is the Berliner. On the right-hand side maybe 200m from the Dolphin is a very good Thai restaurant, called Siam, I think.

Another 300m north and turn left into Soi number I forget, is Kleiner Heidelberg. There is a Handymart convenience store on the corner with Naklua Road; turn left and it is about 100m down on the right. Can be noisy in the evening as a lot of tour buses go up and down.

Thanks all.

Mum Aroi in particular looks very inviting.

54 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks all.

Mum Aroi in particular looks very inviting.

Mostly seafood, the view is nice and there is live music.

2 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Mostly seafood, the view is nice and there is live music.

I was looking at a map of where it is located. Seems to be pretty far North. I would guess we will need a taxi for a visit. Does sound very nice and seafood is more than ok with both the GF and myself.

58 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I was looking at a map of where it is located. Seems to be pretty far North. I would guess we will need a taxi for a visit. Does sound very nice and seafood is more than ok with both the GF and myself.

Branch on Third Road if you want.

IMO, once upon a time was really good, but nowadays its just a Tourist Trap.

I've been going to the one on 3rd Rd on and off for about five years. Last month was the first time I went to the one in Nakluea. I like that location with the restaurant on the water much better.

I have noticed the influx of tourist, I'm sure everyone who visits or lives here over the years has. You can see it everywhere in Pattaya.

But, to me that has not affected the quality of the food and the service at Mum Aroi, especially at the 3rd Rd location.

3 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

If you are going to be spending time in Nakluea, it really isn't that far if you're already there. 

Not sure where you'll be staying but yeah otherwise you probably will need a taxi.

6 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

If you are going to be spending time in Nakluea, it really isn't that far if you're already there. 

Not sure where you'll be staying but yeah otherwise you probably will need a taxi.

Thanks for the advice. Actually, I will be staying in Jomtien as usual, but the GF is helping her sister open a hair salon in Nakluea. The GF is unfamiliar with Nakluea her own self, so where I will be starting from will remain a mystery for now. I would guess that it is somewhere in the South end based on what I think I am hearing. :001_Thank_You5:

11 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks for the advice. Actually, I will be staying in Jomtien as usual, but the GF is helping her sister open a hair salon in Nakluea. The GF is unfamiliar with Nakluea her own self, so where I will be starting from will remain a mystery for now. I would guess that it is somewhere in the South end based on what I think I am hearing. :001_Thank_You5:

You're most welcome! :)

34 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks for the advice. Actually, I will be staying in Jomtien as usual, but the GF is helping her sister open a hair salon in Nakluea. The GF is unfamiliar with Nakluea her own self, so where I will be starting from will remain a mystery for now. I would guess that it is somewhere in the South end based on what I think I am hearing. 

Hair Salon in Naklua or Wong Amart?

7 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Hair Salon in Naklua or Wong Amart?

She said Naklua. I get back late on the night of the 13th. I will find out more for sure shortly thereafter.

6 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

She said Naklua. 

Shame you are not after cheap value for money eats then.

I stayed in Phuket in rawai eating seafood. There you can buy the seafood in the market and go to the restaurant and they cook it. You can eat goodseafood by a rasonable price. Is any restaurant like this in naklua?

13 minutes ago, Martxito said:

You can eat goodseafood by a rasonable price. Is any restaurant like this in naklua?

Yes, buying seafood in Naklua Market and then taking it to a nearby vendor for cooking is very popular in Naklua.

The majority of people then prefer taking it to Lan Pho Park, where you can rent a mat and eat it there.

Archived