IGNORED

30 days visit

My plan is a 29/30 day visit and I'd like a phone to use for TF, this forum, and text messages, perhaps Line.

I won't be making any long distance calls and probably don't need TV or movies.

My plan is to buy a cheap phone, (see Larry's suggestion) and use it, then factory reset and take it back home to Canada to replace my old Samsung Galaxy.

What SIM and phone/data package do you suggest?

Of course I am not recommending Huawei at this time and especially not to a Canadian. :GoldenSmile1:  Just showing the relative value of what I purchased in Thailand.

Thanks for the links, NAST, I'll check them out. I dunno what you mean about the Huawei phone, but it doesn't matter, Soi7 (Larry) has a good suggestion for a phone in a related thread.

3 hours ago, Danolo said:

Thanks for the links, NAST, I'll check them out. I dunno what you mean about the Huawei phone, but it doesn't matter, Soi7 (Larry) has a good suggestion for a phone in a related thread.

Huawei is involved in the trade dispute/negotiations with the USA. Canada involved in the arrest of the of Meng Wanzhou, the daughter of the founder of Huawei; Ren Zhengfei.

Now the U.S.A has forbidden any US entity of doing business with Huawei going forward. So that means things like Google Play, Facebook, SD Association...

So new Huawei phones may need to have workarounds.

Archived