IGNORED

Blackberry in Patts

vitreous

Hello,

Im bringing an old blackberry to patts with me in a few weeks. what sim card should i get that does data as well as voice? it'd be nice, although not critical, to have access to my email whilst there.

thanks,

Vit

Hello,

Im bringing an old blackberry to patts with me in a few weeks. what sim card should i get that does data as well as voice? it'd be nice, although not critical, to have access to my email whilst there.

thanks,

Vit

I unlocked my Bold 9000 and took it over. There is no BB plan that you can get for just a temporary period of time. I don't know if BB is even fully rolled, maybe some others can shed some light on this.

However, you can go to Tuk Com, and head upstairs to the top floor. Head to the end that would be near the main street where you walked in.

Get a AIS (1-2-Call) data card. You will pay about 500 baht for it, and it will include 30 hours of data. Caveat: This is 30 hours STRAIGHT from the time of activation. However, not all is lost. You can purchase a month of unlimited data for ?800 baht, or maybe 1000. I can't recall for sure.

So, if staying connected is that important, this might be for you. It won't retrieve your BB email, as it cannot connect to the RIM server. YOu are able to get email through gmail, and browse the web. The internet is filtered for content on there, however I doubt you wanna do the five knuckle shuffle to images on a BB screen, especially an older BB as you state.

Hope this helps

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

I just bring my Blackberry as is and do not change the sim card. I have an international plan (phone / data) with ATT and I was getting email without any issues and it was not expensive. However, using the phone was a different story as far as cost was concerned.

they all do data.

1-2-call does a thing for one month, you can have unlimited data for 1000 thb. Best bet is that.

they all do data.

1-2-call does a thing for one month, you can have unlimited data for 1000 thb. Best bet is that.

The only thing is with a Blackberry, the data is run through the RIM (Research In Motion) server. You need to be on a network with this configuration to get Blackberry email and Blackberry PIN msgs. Other than not having those two features, yes the 1-2 call will work fine.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"