Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aussies using Thai Airways

markus_welby

As we know, flights to Thailand are cheap and some great deals can be found. Air Asia is the cheapest way to get there from Australia, via Malaysia. But if you prefer to fly direct with Thai Airways, read on.

I avoid stopovers like the plague. From Perth I have no choice, Thai Airways are the only direct flights. I get from Perth to BKK in under 7 hours, have a little nap on-board and arrive ready for action. It's the only way to go.

From prior experience I'd always thought it best to purchase the ticket direct from the airline. Not true. Go to www.travel.com.au instead and compare the Thai Airways price with them. For me, every time I check, the price is approx 10% cheaper!

I used them last year for the first time. It's just the same as booking with the airline. Same product but cheaper price.

This time the Thai Air price for my return flight leaving in 3 weeks would be AUD$946.88. With www.travel.com.au it's $874.24. I save $72.64.

BTW don't buy travel insurance from them. It's where they make their real money. I've worked and risk management for many Australian insurance underwriters and know how to read a policy. The policies sold by travel agencies are utter shit and a complete ripoff. See my other thread for the cheapest and best option: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Trave...est-t33391.html

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

Yes they are - only $4 more expensive than my flight, so still heaps cheaper than booking thru Thai Air direct. I'll be using it in future to make sure travel.com.au stay honest, thanks for the tip.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

I am also from Perth and wanting to fly direct. I'm not traveling till October. I noticed that if i want to fly in March it's under $900, but if i try putting my Oct dates it's like nearly $5,000!!!

Is this because it's nearly already booked out, or because it's too far away yet for them to bother discounting any flights?

If it's the latter reason, when would be the right time to get the flight at the best price?

Thanx

Is this because it's nearly already booked out, or because it's too far away yet for them to bother discounting any flights?

If it's the latter reason, when would be the right time to get the flight at the best price?

Thanx

Rest assured they're not booked out, it's just because it's such a long time into the future they don't have any information at all. If you try to get a quote direct from thai airways online for that period it just crashes the site. Since the resellers can't get any info from the airline, they just quote a stupidly high price and know they're covered whatever the price is.

Leave it another month or 2 (at least) and you'll get a decent deal. It usually ranges between $850 and $1100 direct from Perth with Thai.

Albert Einstein

My son, daughter in law, grand daughter ( 2 years old ) and mother are flying up from Perth to Bangkok in March with Jet star.

The total cost for 4 of them is just over $1,500 AUD.

They have a long layover in Singapore both directions. But that is a big savings. My son flew from Perth to here last year and is was nearly $1,000 AUD.

4 for $1500! Wow, that is cheap.

I found a flight with Tiger Airways, return for $604 including all taxes, but i don't really know anything about the airline, and it's about a 12 hour flight.

I think I'll keep an eye out for specials and just wait a while and see what Thai Airways has to offer. I really like the idea of a 7 hour direct flight.

Still, i am more than happy to listen to any suggestions.

I was just on the Jet Star website.

I keyed in leaving Perth on 20th May to Bangkok. Return on 5th June.

It came up with $477.38 including taxes.

THAT IS CHEAP FLYING.

But it has a long layover in Singapore. 12 hours on the way over and 6 hours on the way back.

Here is the booking summary.

Taxes are nearly as much as the fares.

Booking Summary

DEPARTURE

$250.75 Per Passenger Wed, 20 May 09

PER - 01:15

BKK - 20:10

ARRIVE

$226.63 Per Passenger Fri, 05 Jun 09

BKK - 09:25

PER - 00:10

DEPARTURE Total $250.75

Adult $116.00

Surcharges, Fees and Taxes $134.75

Airfare per Adult $250.75

1 × Adults Subtotal $250.75

RETURN Total $226.63

Adult $116.00

Surcharges, Fees and Taxes $110.63

Airfare per Adult $226.63

1 × Adults Subtotal $226.63

EXTRAS total $0.00

TOTAL $477.38

All Prices are quoted in Australian dollars.

It all depends where you fly from, flights from Perth will always be cheaper.

Check out Emirates - in March, $700 INCLUDING taxes. You dont even have to pay for your meals and entertainment and they have some fine ass stewardesses.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I booked my ticket for last november with thai and it was $1200 return sydney to bangkok.I thought that was a good price and when i saw the stewardesses it was worth it

• 2 weeks later...

I took a look at some of the mentioned sites[www.travel.com.au for eg.] and checked out the cost for a return flight from Darwin to Bangkok for mid May.Travel com offered me around $1500 return with the unavoidable stopover.

So I took a look at Jetstar and they can get me to Singapore[return] for $435 AU,after an 90 minute stopover I can then get onto Thai airlines for the Sing/BKK return for an additional $300.

Total cost is $735 AU without insurance and inclusive of 15 or 20kg baggage...not bad.

I could've fenagled around a bit and saved another $100 or so with Tiger but it meant 12 hr stopovers.

Needless to say I just booked.

As we know, flights to Thailand are cheap and some great deals can be found. Air Asia is the cheapest way to get there from Australia, via Malaysia. But if you prefer to fly direct with Thai Airways, read on.

I avoid stopovers like the plague. From Perth I have no choice, Thai Airways are the only direct flights. I get from Perth to BKK in under 7 hours, have a little nap on-board and arrive ready for action. It's the only way to go.

From prior experience I'd always thought it best to purchase the ticket direct from the airline. Not true. Go to www.travel.com.au instead and compare the Thai Airways price with them. For me, every time I check, the price is approx 10% cheaper!

I used them last year for the first time. It's just the same as booking with the airline. Same product but cheaper price.

This time the Thai Air price for my return flight leaving in 3 weeks would be AUD$946.88. With www.travel.com.au it's $874.24. I save $72.64.

BTW don't buy travel insurance from them. It's where they make their real money. I've worked and risk management for many Australian insurance underwriters and know how to read a policy. The policies sold by travel agencies are utter shit and a complete ripoff. See my other thread for the cheapest and best option: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Trave...est-t33391.html

hello from another aussie .jetstar are a good option ,well thats what we found for our trip no advertising here lol. have been pricing flights for august this year."qoute" sale fares.approx 750.00 return from melbourne ,a direct flight to bangkok.that is the price with all the extra's on top.not much help for you in perth though. cheers cookie

ROD THE SOD

• 3 months later...

I just followed up on your tip and I can only say their website is crap.

I tried getting results for PER-BKK-PER on 9/6/09 and an error came up.

post-13767-1241944676_thumbgif

post-13767-1241944615_thumbgif

As you can see by the screen cap it says "there are no flights that meet your criteria"

WTF

wiggle the dates mate. It means there are no return flights for those particular dates. Check for one ways to find what dates they have avasilable then check for a return quote for the dates they do have.

Daddy wants to pound the brown!!

wiggle the dates mate. It means there are no return flights for those particular dates. Check for one ways to find what dates they have avasilable then check for a return quote for the dates they do have.

Im travelling from Melbourne to Bangkok in September, and then BKK to Singapore (staying in Singapore 4 days for the Formula 1 Grand Prix) and then back to Melbourne. I missed out a few weeks ago as I could have got it for $872.00 with Zuji and Singapore Airlines.

Now the best price I can get Melb/BKK/SING/MELB is about $1262 on zuji, webjet and jetabroad.

Its still 4 months away so I dont know if I should wait another month to see if they offer any more specials, or should I bite bullet and book now.?????????????.

I still think $1262 is cheap for my trip....

I had already ticked the "flexible with these dates" box anyway.

I got a return flight from Perth with Thai airways flying on 19th june for $694 including taxes,i got it on expedia.com.au

• 2 weeks later...

just booked brisbane - Bkk $720 return flying Thai booked on airfaresflights.com.au. Great site always get a good deal