IGNORED

Caddies

trixxtel

While the caddies are cute, fun and goofy, their Caddy skills are quite lacking.  We played siam country club plantation course and the reason i like to get caddies everywhere else is i hit long drives and find it difficult to see my balls.  On a 300+ yard drive, i can usually cant see my drives. Whenever i play with a caddy, they have always been like ball ninjas and find them wherever i would hit them.  Most of the times the girls would look at each other and just shrug.  A few times they even said it went out and it was right in the middle of the fairway. 

Are the caddies on any of the other courses more skilled or are they there mostly as entertainment?

I think it just depends. I've had good caddies and bad ones. Usually the uglier the better. Haha. Seriously though. 

I’ve had mainly good caddies...I agree with the above, the older ones are best.  I’ve even had 2 caddies....the young one was on training...she got to carry the bag for the old one.

also once convinced a caddy to have a hit....magnificent 100 metre lob onto the green.

61332713_2389393007748076_2641345122570076160_n.png.8a46639a0d8f79ea921aa6060c76cff4.png

5 hours ago, trixxtel said:

While the caddies are cute, fun and goofy, their Caddy skills are quite lacking.  We played siam country club plantation course and the reason i like to get caddies everywhere else is i hit long drives and find it difficult to see my balls.  On a 300+ yard drive, i can usually cant see my drives. Whenever i play with a caddy, they have always been like ball ninjas and find them wherever i would hit them.  Most of the times the girls would look at each other and just shrug.  A few times they even said it went out and it was right in the middle of the fairway. 

Are the caddies on any of the other courses more skilled or are they there mostly as entertainment?

You are choosing the wrong caddies. On my 350+ drives they have no problem finding the ball. Although mine are mostly on the fairway which makes it easier

12 Pints in Know it all

Same with my 500 yard drives, right in the centre and then the local lizards and birds are kind enough to dance and fly and point to it while they applaud. 

On 01/06/2019 at 01:56, Mr Wombat said:

You are choosing the wrong caddies. On my 350+ drives they have no problem finding the ball. Although mine are mostly on the fairway which makes it easier

fair play to you,are you using your driver or 3 wood,555,lol

Plenty of good ones around but a few poor ones as well. 

Id be interested to know how much you tip the caddies. Are higher tips expected on the more expensive courses?

That depends on whether you think they are worth a higher tip.....

Never been a problem with me or my golfing mates.

On the contrary there always seem to be one "eagle eye" in our caddie group...and, believe me, the way my mates spray their balls we need all the help we can get. These caddies seem to have radar and invariably go straight to the errant ball.

Had one instance where one of my mates hit a low shot across the fairway into a shallow bunker. When we got there it was no where to be seen. We thought it must have gone straight through the bunker until my caddie walked into the bunker and started scraping some sand away to reveal the "underground" ball.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• 3 weeks later...

Like they said there are some good and some really bad ones. I wouldn't agree with the older the better because I had some young caddies that really understood what they're doing and some old ones that had no idea. 

From my experience the best caddies were the ones that played golf themselfes. And the lower their handicap the better they usually did as a caddie. Which I know is pretty obvious.

Usually if I play a course often and I find a good caddie I write down their caddie number and the next time I book I tell the staff that I want to have that caddie. 

• 2 weeks later...

OP's been here 9 years and this is his only post. LMAO

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Archived