IGNORED

Final server move

LaaMok

We are moving to a managed cloud storage service within the next 24 few hours, hopefully, no problems after that.

Sorry about any problems in the next day,  should be with few errors because its already been tested once and just needs to be updated.

I don't expect much (if any) downtime

2 hours ago, LaaMok said:

We are moving to a managed cloud storage service within the next 24 few hours, hopefully, no problems after that.

Sorry about any problems in the next day,  should be with few errors because its already been tested once and just needs to be updated.

I don't expect much (if any) downtime

Sounds good

Is it the same cloud my heads been in these past few years LaaMok...........:WhoSaw1:

joking apart the forum,s by far the best for anything Pattaya related :GrinNod1:

Good Luck - Knowing what a server move entails I hope all goes well. Hopefully it is just moving a few VM snapshots and fixing the networking after that.

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

Great thread title.....hopefully won’t come back to haunt. 

“Final” 555

seriously good luck, many hours I’m sure have been spent.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if it's a result of the server move, but since the move I've noticed posted pictures are very slow to display. This isn't an internet speed issue on my end as I have a 100Mbps download connection. Suspect it might be more due to a slow server hosting pics. Is there anything that can be done to speed up the display of pics in a post?

Images are set to "lazy load" i.e. only get rendered when required when scrolling down rather than as soon as the page is called. This makes the initial page load faster and less bandwidth required on initial load. That said, I have also noticed at times there is a longer delay when scrolling than I would expect.

• 2 weeks later...

fyi: it seems you turned off the old link format today (after converting all links). 
as a result, at least for me right now, all userprofile flags are not loading anymore. they still use the old format ("https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Flags/Switzerland.gif")
image.png.0b69612c8426da900ea1c0d2aab4a768.png

maybe this is a caching issue somewhere, but i just wanted to inform you in case you're not aware. 

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/Flags/Switzerland.gif works flawlessly.

cheers

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

13 hours ago, petehoax said:

fyi: it seems you turned off the old link format today (after converting all links). 
as a result, at least for me right now, all userprofile flags are not loading anymore. they still use the old format ("https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Flags/Switzerland.gif")
image.png.0b69612c8426da900ea1c0d2aab4a768.png

maybe this is a caching issue somewhere, but i just wanted to inform you in case you're not aware. 

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/Flags/Switzerland.gif works flawlessly.

cheers

Good catch on why the flags are no longer showing. @Ru4Real or @whitespider, looks like an easy fix.

@petehoax  @forcebwithu  Thanks gents, I actually asked the boss to open a ticket a couple of days ago re this issue (now we're hosted with the actual owners of the software this site runs, not sure what access the admins have to change things); not sure where we are with it (other than it's still broken for me as well as others but strangely enough some can see them so has to be a caching issue somewhere) as been a tadge hectic at work this week.

Will ask what's up again.

@petehoax  @forcebwithu  Ticket hadn't been raised so given I've got a little time to take a break from work just now, have looked into it ... should be kosher now other than those that have declined to say where they are originally from, I reckon we'll need to add a "no country" flag ... flag :)

As far as I have looked at several forums / topics all seem to work fine for me. However only the forum "hotels in Thailand" does not work.

I get the error:   The requested URL /forum/forum/126-hotels-accommodations-in-pattaya/ was not found on this server.

@paulvds Thanks for the headsup, to be honest no idea why we have that link as it isn't quite right given it links to Pattaya hotel reviews not Thailand-wide (so it may be gone soon!) but fixed the link in the meantime.

@eXplosief Thanks for the headsup, being dealt with. It's actually out of date anyway, party was 19th from memory.

i couldln't get here for a while with the "URL not found" error. The link I had saved was

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/discover/content-posted/   because I always start there. After poking around, it turns out the new link to Conted I Posed In no longer has "forum/" in it. I don't know what else this might apply to.

@philkrenshaw @petemoss Thanks gents; known problem but appreciate the feedback. Looks like in their wisdom Invision (hosted with them now rather than self hosted) changed something which resulted in the redirects getting nuked ... without letting us know they where doing something yet again. If you use Bangkok Addicts you will also have fallen foul of them eventually getting around to doing the server move for that site; a headsup would not only have been appreciated but IMO expected :Dunno1:

I know a ticket was raised at the weekend but haven't heard anything. No doubt it will be sorted soon.

3 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

@philkrenshaw @petemoss Thanks gents; known problem but appreciate the feedback. Looks like in their wisdom Invision (hosted with them now rather than self hosted) changed something which resulted in the redirects getting nuked ... without letting us know they where doing something yet again. If you use Bangkok Addicts you will also have fallen foul of them eventually getting around to doing the server move for that site; a headsup would not only have been appreciated but IMO expected :Dunno1:

I know a ticket was raised at the weekend but haven't heard anything. No doubt it will be sorted soon.

Thanks for the quick replly.

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:55, Ru4Real said:

@paulvds Thanks for the headsup, to be honest no idea why we have that link as it isn't quite right given it links to Pattaya hotel reviews not Thailand-wide (so it may be gone soon!) but fixed the link in the meantime.

A pity this is gone. I quite often did read a lot of topics with interest.

Tried to search where this info now can be found but was so far unsuccesfull. A link would be appreciated.

35 minutes ago, paulvds said:

A pity this is gone. I quite often did read a lot of topics with interest.

Tried to search where this info now can be found but was so far unsuccesfull. A link would be appreciated.

The information isn't gone; but looks like there was a glitch in the database move. The specific link in question, as I mentioned, was wrong - somehow or other it's parent forum was changed and it linked to the wrong place (it is supposed to be a link to Agoda but actually linked to a forum). It's still there but moved to where it was supposed to be: https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/24-hotels-accommodations-in-thailand/ which is a bunch of links and forums with reviews.

I believe what you liked reading up on was the reviews of accommodation in Pattaya which is listed at the top of the list I just posted a link to, specifically here https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/126-hotels-accommodations-in-pattaya/.

Trying to find the forum after this latest move is a real PIA!  Google search brings up some results, but the results send yo to a dead link.

Archived