IGNORED

Best luxury hotels in Bangkok/Pattaya?

AC24

Hey guys, hope all is well. I recently got out of a long term relationship and a trip here was always on my bucket list so I'm planning on visiting soon. I'm still young and recently single so I'll be going with a focus on partying/mongering. I was looking for advice from the more experienced visitors on which luxury hotels were best in each respective area. Money is not an issue so quality > value for me but I do want to be in an area where I can go out easily without worrying about transportation.

So far I was looking at the Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 or JW Marriott for Bangkok and the Hilton in Pattaya. Pretty set on the Hilton in Pattaya as it clearly seems like the best overall hotel but Bangkok has a ton of luxury hotels and differing opinions from people on this board. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help is greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

Hilton is Hilton wherever one goes; all in one not bad . Great location in Pattaya and easy access to the food court in Central Festival shopping mall

With regards to Bkk, I assume you want to be somewhere on / just off Sukhumvit between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza (Soi 23 to Soi 4) so you have short distances to those entertainment areas:

- The very best luxury hotels in Bkk are not actually on that section of Sukhumvit. There are however a number of 5 star rated hotels.

- Last year I stayed in the GCP 21, JW Marriott and Sofitel, which are probably the highest quality in the area. 

- GCP 21 has minimalist / modern rooms. I would say it is a good 4 star hotel, rooms and facilities are fair, but nothing special.

- Sofitel has more standard look rooms. I would say it is a low 5 star hotel, facilities (gym and pool) being much better than GCP. It also has very good roof top bar and  service throughout the hotel is very good.

- I guess JW Marriott is the more genuine 5 star of the three, most people would rate it the most luxurious, I’m not sure there is much in it.

- GCP 21 is next to Soi Cowboy and connected to T21. The food hall at the top of T21 is ridiculously good value (they sell the food at a loss). Sofitel is in the middle of Soi Cowboy and Nana, making both a short walk. 

You won’t be disappointed by any. My pick would be Sofitel. It has great service, in the middle location, decent pool and gym and a roof top bar. The rooms probably due a refurb in the next few years. 

You find Sofitel and GCP 21 have a lot of flash sales. £150/140 rooms being offered at £110 etc. 

I also stay at the Hilton in Pattaya. If you have any specific questions about the hotels, I should be able to answer them.

Bangkok

Stayed at

Hyatt Regency - standard room, beautiful pool, awesome breakfast, direct access to BTS.

Sofitel - Club room, good pool, good breakfast.

Grande Centre Point T21 - premier room, beautiful pool, decent breakfast, direct access to BTS.

Hyatt Regency would be my first choice.

Pattaya

Hilton, Club room with bathtub on balcony, whatever the rooms called, see my photo's on the forum.

good pool, good breakfast, excellent club benefit's - drinks, snacks etc.

Bangkok just opened a couple "real" luxury hotels. Waldorf Astoria and Rosewood Bangkok. Waldorf Astoria's location is not good to bring girls back so I haven't tried that yet. Rosewood located at Phloen Chit BTS station which is less than 10 minutes walk from Nana Plaza. I stayed there two weeks after it opened last month. Rosewood is the best hotel I have stayed in Bangkok so far. The cheapest room is about 350 USD not include Breakfast.

rosewood1.jpg

rosewood2.jpg

In Pattaya I have stayed at The Wave hotel multiple times.  It is just down the street from the Hilton.  Small boutique hotel great rooms and great service.  It's the pale blue hotel on Beach, kind of throwback to art deco Miami beach scene.  Staff are great and breakfast very good.  

In Bangkok I haven't stayed real close to the nightlife action but stayed at the 

Banyon Tree,  one of the best known rooftop restaurant and bars in Bangkok.  Room suites are not much more than regular rooms

The Muse hotel.  Fabulous rooms, great rooftop bar and restaurant.  Very chic hotel.  They have a speakeasy bar on the rooftop.  The Asian girls are dressed up in 20's flapper outfits.  Pretty awesome.  

Just stayed at the Ananatara Siam Bangkok.  Big hotel, 5 star.  Best part about this place is there a tons of really good restaurants within the hotel and close walking distance.  

The 3 in Bangkok are maybe 15 to 25 minutes (depending upon traffic) to the nightlife areas.  Never had a problem getting a girl to come back to hotel with me.  Some wanted ST hotel but all came back to my place.  

Therefore we can assume that Rosewood is guest friendly then matrix123?

The Hyatt Regency in Bangkok.  Just opened, fantastic rooms, reasonable price, smack bang in the middle between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy (a 3 minute walk to Thermae).  I stayed there in March and can highly recommend.

Pattaya - theres a couple of very nice and new hotels in Northern Pattaya but not really convenient if you want to hit Walking Street imo, so Hilton is really your only proper luxury mongering option.  

In Bkk I'd go for either Sofitel or Hilton, depending on your Mongering habits. 

Sofitel is in the middle of Cowboy and Nana, and right next to Thermae, giving it a near unbeatable location. 

However Hilton is within walking distance to Phrom Phong massage parlors, and if you are staying at the Hilton in BKK and Patts it makes sense to double up on hotel points and status credits, especially if you're staying in the pricier room categories.

Hyatt Regency in Bangkok just opened in January. 

Retired

12 hours ago, slalom said:

Therefore we can assume that Rosewood is guest friendly then matrix123?

I only stayed couple nights. Did not have any problem to bring girls back. The first night came back from the ground floor lobby. Bell boy opened the door and said "good evening" only. The second night came back from the BTS station entrance,. The security did not say a word! The front desk in the main lobby is on aside. So, when I reached the main lobby to switch another elevator to go to my room, the staffs at front desk only saw me for a second or two only.

7 hours ago, matrix123 said:

I only stayed couple nights. Did not have any problem to bring girls back. The first night came back from the ground floor lobby. Bell boy opened the door and said "good evening" only. The second night came back from the BTS station entrance,. The security did not say a word! The front desk in the main lobby is on aside. So, when I reached the main lobby to switch another elevator to go to my room, the staffs at front desk only saw me for a second or two only.

Currently 50/50 as to whether or not it's G/F then, IMHO it has to be, can't really be pissing off well heeled clients who want to bring a guest back.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated! Pretty sure I’m going with the Hyatt Regency and the Hilton.

Has anyone that stayed at the Hyatt have any issues with bringing girls back? 

On 11/05/2019 at 10:05, skicolo said:

In Pattaya I have stayed at The Wave hotel multiple times.  It is just down the street from the Hilton.  Small boutique hotel great rooms and great service.  It's the pale blue hotel on Beach, kind of throwback to art deco Miami beach scene.  Staff are great and breakfast very good.  

In Bangkok I haven't stayed real close to the nightlife action but stayed at the 

Banyon Tree,  one of the best known rooftop restaurant and bars in Bangkok.  Room suites are not much more than regular rooms

The Muse Hotel.  Fabulous rooms, great rooftop bar and restaurant.  Very chic hotel.  They have a speakeasy bar on the rooftop.  The Asian girls are dressed up in 20's flapper outfits.  Pretty awesome.  

Just stayed at the Ananatara Siam Bangkok.  Big hotel, 5 star.  Best part about this place is there a tons of really good restaurants within the hotel and close walking distance.  

The 3 in Bangkok are maybe 15 to 25 minutes (depending upon traffic) to the nightlife areas.  Never had a problem getting a girl to come back to hotel with me.  Some wanted ST hotel but all came back to my place.  

I'm headed to Bangkok in June and I'm booked at the Banyan Tree.  Happy to see it make your list.

Was impressed with the room size.  Was told the rooftop restaurant was one of the best so I am looking forward to that, also.

Thank you for the information!!

7 hours ago, AC24 said:

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated! Pretty sure I’m going with the Hyatt Regency and the Hilton.

Has anyone that stayed at the Hyatt have any issues with bringing girls back? 

No issues bringing girls to Hyatt Regency.

I would highly recommend the JW Marriott in BKK, book a suite and get yourself up the club lounge  prob the best club lounge I have been in! I would also recommend the Sofitel in BKK as that was also excellent but out of the two I would go for the JW.

In Pattaya for me you cant go past the Avani (Was Marriott), book a nice terrace suite, access straight onto the pool area, lovely big rooms and impressive bathroom. Service in the business lounge and around the hotel is always first class. Delicious breakfast and they also do a great buffet on a night for about 800 baht per person

Archived