Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ridiculously short connection times (between flights)

Jumpin Jack Flash

13 minutes ago, regyai said:

With the caveat that bookings are all on the same ticket

The airline is liable and foots the bill if connections are missed / luggage delayed

So if it's not 'doable' they're not issuing the ticket

(all airports I believe have a declared transit time that the airlines use to determine what is 'doable')

Exactly,  that's why I always fly the entire route with the same airline.  It's their responsibility so why would they have a connection time you couldn't meet.

Too ludicrous to consider 

On 06/05/2019 at 00:12, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

What's the shortest connection time you've had between 2 legged flights to or from LOS ?

The shortest I can remember was 90 mins and that was pretty tight.  But I've just booked flights with Qatar Airways and notice the connection time between leg1 and leg 2 is just 45 mins :o

I've been thru Doha many times, its a great airport, but I don't think 45 mins is doable for a connection. 

I've done this a few times with Qatar and it's perfectly doable

lol this "doable" word keeps coming up

Qatar ground handling at Doha meet the requirements and rest assured your luggage will be on the 2nd sector as will you unless you disappear off deliberately

55 minutes twice and 45 minutes once on outbound sectors on the three times I was on Qatar (not my favourite airline I have to say)

I did a 15 minute connection in Zurich with Swiss once.

Jesus, 90 mins, I could gave a massage, a blowjob and a 3 course meal in that length of time. 

Qatar airlines short connection times are very risky at Doha

Spain - Doha ... 1 hour 10 minutes ... Doha - Thailand

I truly prefer Emirate with 2 hour connections times, even if my flight arrives a bit earlier. Nobody knows if there might be a delay, so wanna be for sure my connection is ok and I'm not stuck in an airport waiting for the next flight

Just now, Hispano said:

Qatar airlines short connection times are very risky at Doha

Spain - Doha ... 1 hour 10 minutes ... Doha - Thailand

I truly prefer Emirate with 2 hour connections times, even if my flight arrives a bit earlier. Nobody knows if there might be a delay, so wanna be for sure my connection is ok and I'm not stuck in an airport waiting for the next flight

Where do you fly from in Spain,  I live in Valencia and have to use Turkish,  Swiss or Lufthansa. 

17 minutes ago, rickyroo said:

Where do you fly from in Spain,  I live in Valencia and have to use Turkish,  Swiss or Lufthansa. 

Madrid

Can tell you that I've been flying lots during the last 20 years, with regular connection times (2-3 hours).. but I never want to have a risk. I totally prefer to enjoy having some time to visit the terminal (love Dubai one)

Un saludo paisano, estaré por allí en Octubre! ;) (Translation: Greetings homeboy, I will be there this coming October)

5 minutes ago, Hispano said:

Madrid

Can tell you that I've been flying lots during the last 20 years, with regular connection times (2-3 hours).. but I never want to have a risk. I totally prefer to enjoy having some time to visit the terminal (love Dubai one)

Un saludo paisano, estaré por allí en Octubre! ;)

Gracias amigo. 

We will talk in English because the moderators do not like communications in other languages. 

If I travelled from Madrid,  I would use Emirates,  Qatar or Etihad. 

I only want to use the same carrier all the way in case of flight delays etc, so that is why I use the cheapest of the 3 carriers I  mentioned. They are all Star Alliance members as well.

I'm back 40th July for 2 months.

On 09/05/2019 at 00:08, Welbeck said:

I've done this a few times with Qatar and it's perfectly doable

I'm actually going to take this back, I flew with Qatar last night and the flight was half an hour late landing, as I disembarked thinking I was going to have to run to catch my connecting flight there was an airport employee at the gate shouting "Bangkok" , she then gave me and a couple of others a new boarding card for a flight 2 hours later, telling us to go to the business lounge for a free feed, when I got there they knew nothing about it and phoned someone to clarify but the said the same but I managed to blag my way into the privilege club lounge with an out of date membership card when my new boarding card was rejected when scanned at the lounge entrance.

18 hours ago, Welbeck said:

I'm actually going to take this back, I flew with Qatar last night and the flight was half an hour late landing, as I disembarked thinking I was going to have to run to catch my connecting flight there was an airport employee at the gate shouting "Bangkok" , she then gave me and a couple of others a new boarding card for a flight 2 hours later, telling us to go to the business lounge for a free feed, when I got there they knew nothing about it and phoned someone to clarify but the said the same but I managed to blag my way into the privilege club lounge with an out of date membership card when my new boarding card was rejected when scanned at the lounge entrance.

So, did you get on the new flight 2 hours later ? Did it leave on time?  And was your baggage checked onto it correctly?

3 hours ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

So, did you get on the new flight 2 hours later ? Did it leave on time?  And was your baggage checked onto it correctly?

Yes, everything went ok after that and it probably worked out better as the later flight was half empty and ended up with a row of 4 seats to myself.

3 hours ago, Welbeck said:

Yes, everything went ok after that and it probably worked out better as the later flight was half empty and ended up with a row of 4 seats to myself.

If the same thing happens to me I won't mind. I just checked with Qatar and there is another flight to BKK from Doha 2 hours later, so its very likely they'll put me on that if there's any delay with the first flight. 

If the same thing happens to me I won't mind. I just checked with Qatar and there is another flight to BKK from Doha 2 hours later, so its very likely they'll put me on that if there's any delay with the first flight. 

It’s the one’s with one flight a day that you have to worry about. Not really a worry if on the same itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

I was a little apprehensive about my luggage, once through passport control in Bangkok I went to the carousel and my case was already there.

The mistake some are making on the thread is believing they are the only ones that think the connection is tight.

Ground handling are bang up to speed on every connection and baggage transfer. Your bag along with others for example out of Heathrow with final destination Bangkok will all be in the same "bin" as they board the first sector flights. The "sorting" is already completed prior to arrival in Doha on this example

These guys aint daft they dont want problems over missed bags, connections or overnighting people in hotels as it costs money

14 minutes ago, Straw said:

The mistake some are making on the thread is believing they are the only ones that think the connection is tight.

Ground handling are bang up to speed on every connection and baggage transfer. Your bag along with others for example out of Heathrow with final destination Bangkok will all be in the same "bin" as they board the first sector flights. The "sorting" is already completed prior to arrival in Doha on this example

These guys aint daft they dont want problems over missed bags, connections or overnighting people in hotels as it costs money

Yeh, agree completely. 

I simply cannot understand anybody questioning whether there is enough time to make a connection. 

Do these people genuinely believe that a carrier wants to put passengers up in hotels, give meal vouchers,  possible upgrades , compensation etc.

You'd think these posters would gave more serious issues to worry about.

Like,  how much do Sapphire girls earn?

Yeh, agree completely. 
I simply cannot understand anybody questioning whether there is enough time to make a connection. 
Do these people genuinely believe that a carrier wants to put passengers up in hotels, give meal vouchers,  possible upgrades , compensation etc.
You'd think these posters would gave more serious issues to worry about.
Like,  how much do Sapphire girls earn?

It depends if the flights are on the same itinerary. There is a huge difference.

5 minutes ago, hioctane said:

It depends if the flights are on the same itinerary. There is a huge difference.

We are talking about the same carrier from 1st leg to 2nd or even 3rd legs.

Nobody is discussing flying different carriers between legs, because we know that connection in these cases is the responsibility of the passenger not the carrier. 

That is why i always fly with the same carrier from start to finish.

But , when I receive my flight schedules,  unlike the original poster,  I do not question whether there is enough connection time, I assume there is or else they would have booked me on another flight.

It's a bit like when I'm in a restaurant and order a meal,  I don't ask if the chef can actually cook it.

Maybe I'm different but some people seem to be so suspicious of simple tasks.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, as it turned out, I DID miss my connection.

My first flight was delayed by about an hour, so there was no way I was making that connection.

And, as I thought, they put me (and my bag) on the next available flight to BKK (2 hours later).

So I arrived 2 hours later than planned at BKK.

An inconvenient delay, but not quite long enough to get any compensation, of course.  :rolleyes:

My first flight was delayed by about an hour, so there was no way I was making that connection.

And, as I thought, they put me (and my bag) on the next available flight to BKK (2 hours later).

So I arrived 2 hours later than planned at BKK.

An inconvenient delay, but not quite long enough to get any compensation, of course.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, need a 4 hour delay to get compensation of 600 Euros assuming airlines fault.

That is precisely how a tight connection can go south -- any delay on the departing leg, and you're gonna have problems.

That said, they accommodated you on the next available flight, so, as long as there IS another flight that day, you're usually safe.

That is precisely how a tight connection can go south -- any delay on the departing leg, and you're gonna have problems.
That said, they accommodated you on the next available flight, so, as long as there IS another flight that day, you're usually safe.

If there is no other flights until the next day, they will usually delay the second flight.

On 20/06/2019 at 23:52, bangna said:

Yeah, need a 4 hour delay to get compensation of 600 Euros assuming airlines fault.

Yep, I checked that out, but only because some asshole compensation service kept emailing me after I got back. Kinda creepy how they knew everything about my flights, the times, and the delay right down to the minutes. And yet they didn't know the compensation rules :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Yep, I checked that out, but only because some asshole compensation service kept emailing me after I got back. Kinda creepy how they knew everything about my flights, the times, and the delay right down to the minutes. And yet they didn't know the compensation rules :rolleyes:

Probably an employee of airline or  handling company selling information on passenger lists.

Archived