Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

First Trip thinking of the Hilton

Pattayabynight

My first trip, 4 days is coming up.  I'm thinking of staying in the Hilton after reading some reviews.  Is this my best bet to have a place near Walking Street to bring some ladies back?

The Hilton is one of the nicest hotels in Pattaya, but also the most expensive. It is not really near Walking Street, although everything in Pattaya is close by via baht bus. I like the location though, being between Walking Street and Soi 6, as well as being near Soi Honey and Buakhao. It is also connected to an excellent mall.

But you can save yourself some money and still stay in a nice place by choosing another hotel...

i stayed at the Hilton for a few days on my last trip. 
a few things: 
- imho the standard rooms are not worth it. if you want to splurge, go for the executive oceanfront. otherwise, book a different hotel. the executive oceanfront rooms are great, but it's somewhere between 10k and 15k / night. 
- in general: unless money plays really no role for you, it's not worth it imho. 
- pool was very full and it took a long time until a chair at the pool was available (in the meantime i stayed further up on the 2nd deck). 
- for me personally: hotel is too big, too much walking involved. enter, take the lift from lobby to 16th floor, then take 2nd lift to upper floors, then walk all across the whole hotel to the oceanfront rooms. (i'm a fit guy, so that's not the problem. but i just prefer to be in 30seconds in my room after entering the hotel instead of it taking nearly 5 minutes). often i just quickly want to go up to the room to put a bag back or get some money or change a shirt or similar. 

it's a personal opinion of course, so your experience may be very different. it's a nice hotel, it's the best you can get in (central) pattaya for sure. it's just that for me personally, it's really not worth it to pay 5x to 10x more than for another hotel that is still very ok. (and the big size is a downside for me personally; you also need to go down to get any guests to your room and cannot simply have the lobby call you and send them up).

distance to Walking Street really doesn't matter much, as long as you're somewhat central. just hop on a mototaxi with the girl and you're home in a matter of minutes anyway. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Siam Bayshore just at the end of Walking Street might be better, last time i looked was 10k a night.

Girls don't care if that's your motive

I walk-in at Diamond Beach hotel for 850, rooms are not very good but it’s great location, right in the middle of the action.

DSC_3221.thumb.jpg.a75418c310b5df9df3ed59262b1304e4.jpg

The last time I stayed at Siam Bayshore I had to pay a joiner but that was many years ago.

Retired

Hilton is alright. Certainly not worth what they charge, but you will have a nice trip if you stay there. At least you know there won't be bed bugs or cum stains on the sheets. 

My advice would be to book the best available room at the Acqua hotel. It’s classy, has outstanding customer service and close to the action. It’s the best 4 star hotel in town IMHO.

On 07/05/2019 at 13:49, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

My advice would be to book the best available room at the Acqua hotel. It’s classy, has outstanding customer service and close to the action. It’s the best 4 star hotel in town IMHO.

The rooms are tiny in comparison. Smallest Hilton room is 46 sq.m. Smallest Acqua 23sq.m.

Hilton; Modern, 46 sq. m., unobstructed ocean view, private balcony, bathtub .

Acqua; private balcony.

On 07/05/2019 at 15:57, Bruno123 said:

The rooms are tiny in comparison. Smallest Hilton room is 46 sq.m. Smallest Acqua 23sq.m.

Hilton; Modern, 46 sq. m., unobstructed ocean view, private balcony, bathtub .

Acqua; private balcony.

Which is why I advise the OP to choose the ‘best available’ rooms....the best available room at the Acqua is the enormous 72 sqm Junior Suite, which retails at around 3,100 a night, remarkable value.

AC3F7805-C403-48F7-9235-16C78A2A2E45.jpeg

955C5ADA-CB76-4F11-A9FB-1F619B5DA86D.jpeg

On 07/05/2019 at 16:11, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Which is why I advise the OP to choose the ‘best available’ rooms....the best available room at the Acqua is the enormous 72 sqm Junior Suite, which retails at around 3,100 a night, remarkable value.

I did note that, though I didn't realise that it was just 3100 per night, which is of course much better value. Though still not really comparable in terms of location and certain facilities....and there does appear to be some discrecpancy as to the size of the suite.

Though of course it all depends on the OP's initial expectations....and availability, of which there is none for the OP's dates.

Agreed. The Junior suite at The Aqua is 53m2 and great value for a short stay in real comfort and right in the middle of most of the action.
Not beach front though. If the sea views are important I'd consider the older but very nice Dusit right at the North end of the beach. Still on the Baht bus route so just as accessible as The Hilton and a lot cheaper.

9 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Agreed. The Junior suite at The Aqua is 53m2 and great value for a short stay in real comfort and right in the middle of most of the action.
Not beach front though. If the sea views are important I'd consider the older but very nice Dusit right at the North end of the beach. Still on the Baht bus route so just as accessible as The Hilton and a lot cheaper.

What gave you the impression that the Dusit Thani is cheaper than the Hilton for the OP?? It isn't.

On 05/05/2019 at 17:16, petehoax said:

i stayed at the Hilton for a few days on my last trip. 
 a few things: 
- imho the standard rooms are not worth it. if you want to splurge, go for the executive oceanfront. otherwise, book a different hotel. the executive oceanfront rooms are great, but it's somewhere between 10k and 15k / night. 

I will second that!

I have stayed there a handful of times and with the oceanfront and executive lounge access it is definitely special, i.e. great view and great daytime service in the executive lounge, plus the bathtub on the balcony, although I found it to be less fun (with the girls) than I had imagined.

But if you take a regular room, the view is not that good, there is no daytime lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks, so it’s not really that unique compared to many other hotels.

If money is no object there are certainly better places to stay than the Acqua. I have stayed in a suite at the 5star Royal Cliff, it was simply awesome, but that was around 9k a night. I just think that in terms of value for money, quality and location, the Acqua is hard to beat.

17 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

If money is no object there are certainly better places to stay than the Acqua. I have stayed in a suite at the 5star Royal Cliff, it was simply awesome, but that was around 9k a night. I just think that in terms of value for money, quality and location, the Acqua is hard to beat.

This is no availability at Acqua and anyway, you can get a nearly 90 sq.m. one bedroom seaview apartment at VT6 for the price of the Acqua 53 sq.m one bed.

58 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

This is no availability at Acqua and anyway, you can get a nearly 90 sq.m. one bedroom seaview apartment at VT6 for the price of the Acqua 53 sq.m one bed.

You are comparing apples and pears - apartment versus a hotel. They are very different entities.

Some guys love the ‘freedom’ of an apartment, it is a particularly useful option for guys staying long term as it provides a cooking option, which isn’t available in a hotel. For short stays my personal preference would be a hotel...but we each roll our own way.

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

You are comparing apples and pears - apartment versus a hotel. They are very different entities.

Some guys love the ‘freedom’ of an apartment, it is a particularly useful option for guys staying long term as it provides a cooking option, which isn’t available in a hotel. For short stays my personal preference would be a hotel...but we each roll our own way.

Once again, there is no availability at Acqua for his dates and Acqua isn't a replacement for the Hilton.

That it sits atop of Central Festival, give you many options even before you include the room.

The Acqua is in a completely different location. Good for those who wish to haunt Soi Buakhao and LK Metro, but perhaps the OP wants to base himself around Walking Street

Though with no feedback from the OP, we have no idea why he chose the Hilton in the first place, other than the location.

Which is why I suggested VT6, since it is next to the Hilton and offers good value for money in comparison.

19 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Thanks for pointing this out.  It also looks like you can cut through to Soi Honey from this hotel without having to backtrack to 2nd Road?

1 minute ago, ludwighigh said:

Thanks for pointing this out.  It also looks like you can cut through to Soi Honey from this hotel without having to backtrack to 2nd Road?

Yes mate...direct access to soi Honey.

While the rooms at Royal Cliff do look luxurious, would only consider it if using it as a love bubble with an LLT, with only an occasional venture into town.

Too far from the action to be paying top rates. 

On 08/05/2019 at 12:48, ChuckFinley said:

While the rooms at Royal Cliff do look luxurious, would only consider it if using it as a love bubble with an LLT, with only an occasional venture into town.

Too far from the action to be paying top rates. 

Yes, Royal Cliff is outstanding, great if you have a GFE. Location a little too far from the action if your in town for a week or two and looking for action.

On 07/05/2019 at 13:26, Bruno123 said:

What gave you the impression that the Dusit Thani is cheaper than the Hilton for the OP?? It isn't.

A quick check on booking.com for 3 nights at the end the May in a Deluxe King room;
Hilton - 17k
Dust Thani - 10k

8 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

A quick check on booking.com for 3 nights at the end the May in a Deluxe King room;
Hilton - 17k
Dust Thani - 10k

22nd to the 26th are the OP's dates. At the time of checking, they were of similar pricing.

Archived