Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Registration at immigration?

Jesper

I have rented a condo through Airbnb for 1 month and got the instructions for self check in so I will not meet the owner. 

Do I need to register at immigration?  Or would it be the owners responsibility? 

I really don't want to have any problems when I leave Thailand. 

Thanks. 

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

Just now, Jesper said:

I have rented a condo through Airbnb for 1 month and got the instructions for self check in so I will not meet the owner. 

Do I need to register at immigration?  Or would it be the owners responsibility? 

I really don't want to have any problems when I leave Thailand. 

Thanks. 

The owner must do it not you. However, if you are just staying a month and have no need to go to Immigration (eg to extend a visa) then there are no issues for you. Certainly no problem at airport.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

13 minutes ago, davidge said:

The owner must do it not you. However, if you are just staying a month and have no need to go to Immigration (eg to extend a visa) then there are no issues for you. Certainly no problem at airport.

Thanks a lot. 

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

You will have no problem if you have nothing to do with immigration.  Airport is only looking overstay or if you are flagged.

Just be sure your visa exemption is 30 days FULL STOP, or your 60 day visa is 60days FULL STOP..

As soon as you think of adding another 30 days be prepared for problems.

I have no idea how things work in the UK, we all fill in registration details when staying hotel/B and B passport details etc. Are these just binned.  when I first visited France the gendarmerie used to go hotel to hotel collecting them daily, do they still do that? 

So many questions.

• 1 month later...

Pattaya immigration is big joke. Last 3 times i had been there looking for extension for 30 days ive been quoted to show this and that, addresses etc. And cost more. At least 1900+fine of 1600 without proof of adress.

I had a possibility to get an extension over bangkok immigration this time because i wasnt in patts and all it took was 1900 baht and they didnt give a damn where i am staying. I even gave them contract from landlord but they said to me it is not needed. As a whole it was easy and fast. Not same as patts. Seems like this proof of adress (from everybody) is only scam to have more lunch money in their pockets

Archived