IGNORED

The Great British Fish & Chip Shop

cartoonman

I had heard good news about a GOOD Fish & Chip place over Soi Khao Noi ( On the Dark Side )

So yesterday John and I tried it out,,,,

Coming from Sukhimvit Road - up to the Railway Crossing - 800 Yards up on the LEFT Hand Side, Just pass NOI`S Bar - and before Paradise Bar,,,you will see The Great British Fish & Chip Shop.

The Place is small with about 4 tables,,,Very Simply done up,,, ( Very DULL,,, Needed a few Pattaya Cartoon Posters on the Walls )

Anyway the menus is simple,,,,just leaflets which are on the tables,,,,

It seems that their specialty is IMPORTED ATLANTIC COD....Cooked in BEER BATTER served with Lemon Wedge and Tartar sauce. John tried it,,,Medium Size,,,( Which was Big enough ) for 150 Baht,,,The big one is 200 Baht.

Chips come extra - Medium 40 Baht or Large 60 Baht,,,,( Medium was plenty ) All big slices cut from Potatoes, Not the Frozen kind.

John gave it 10/10,,,,Very enjoyable ---And because I was Paying.

Mushy Peas,,,35 Baht. Garden Peas 30 Baht,,, Baked Beans 25 Baht...All Extra.

I had Sausage in Batter,,,55 Baht,,,I expected one but I got two...very good...Because I thought I was getting one,

I ordered Vegetable Spring Roll ,,,65 Baht,,,Thinking I was getting only One as it said ( Roll ) But they gave me two...

Plus the Chips and Baked Beans gave me a filling meal,,,All very nice except the Spring rolls could have been cooked a bit more as the inside was tepid ....

They do Burgers, Pasty's, Roast Chickens Scampi, Curry's, etc. Even Battered Mars Bars,,,,,,

It's a great little find but on the wrong side for me,,,,But it was well worth trying out.

They do Take-a-ways and are open every day except Mondays. ( FREE Delivery over 250 Baht.)

Their Phone number is 084 561 6476.

Check it out and see what you think..

Cheers Cartoonman.

Isn't that owned by the bloke who had Jasmine Mansions?

Be scene and not herd.

Isn't that owned by the bloke who had Jasmine Mansions?

That is what I have been told.

I tried the place out earlier this week. The fish and chips was good. However, I had the take-away and I think the packaging could be improved. The food was place in a styrofoam container then wrapped in paper. Bt the time I got home the chips were soggy. I would prefer just have them wrapped in paper and save the styrofoam from going into the land-fill.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The place sounds good but is too far out for me

• 3 months later...
The place sounds good but is too far out for me

Please see my article today under the business owners section and also note we do FREE Delivery throught Pattaya and can be reached directly on 0845 616476 or via Delivery Express - the prices are exactly the same.

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevin meacher