IGNORED

Le Fenix Sukhumvit Hotel Review

masterslayer169

First time in Bangkok, and I did not have much time to decide on a place to stay. I was there only for 3 days and I decided to stay at Le Fenix for some reason which I dont remember. It was easy to find, and accessible. It is very close to the Nana BTS. It is also in walking distance (1.2Km) from Nana Plaza and about 2Km from Soi Cowboy. 

About the room, mine was on the 8th floor with very good natural lighting and no complaints about the view. The rooms were very clean, including the toilet. No complains there and daily room service. The room also had a spacious cupboard and a safety locker. However, there was no refrigerator if you want to stock up on your own drinks. Also, I do not know if they have an option of booking with breakfast, but I did not. So I ended up paying 200 Bhat each day for the breakfast. The annoying part is, I had to go down to the reception every day and pay them for the breakfast coupon. You cannot pay them in advance for multiple days or pay them while checking out. 

Also, I dont think the breakfast was worth 200 Bhat. I just went with it because I do not want to make an effort for breakfast. It is just easy to wake up and immediately be able to get food here. Also, lots of guests in this hotel were Indians and I think the spread is slightly inclined towards their Indian guests. I'm also an Indian, but not a fan of the stuff Indians go for. Like I love having Beef because its not easy to get back in India. Indians are not OK with even seeing beef, and I think thats why the hotel did not have any Beef options even if I wanted to order them. 

Le Fenix is girl friendly. They dont care who you bring along, as long as you get their ID registered at the reception. However, I dont think they were enforcing it as I saw lots of guys just walking over. You can also completely avoid the reception by taking the elevator from car parking. But I chose to go through the reception and registration each time for my safety. 

Then there are the other minor annoyances. Since I did not pack enough clothes, I went to the nearby UNIQLO and picked some. On my way back to the room, I asked to borrow a pair of scissors, which they refused. They said I had to bring my clothes down to get the tags cut. They would not let me borrow a pair of scissors for even 5 mins to 'protect their guests.'

The biggest annoyance for me was the lack of luggage storage. On the last day I checked out in the morning and my flight was only later in the evening. They do not have luggage storage options inside the hotel itself. They asked me to give it to the bell boy downstairs. It was stored in an open area near the car parking. I was really worried as I had my laptop inside and it was during the Songkran water festival. I told the bell bot about it and he was a bit sympathetic. So he ticked them behind a desk and locked them. However, it is definitely ridiculous. I've never seen a hotel that does not have a proper luggage storage option. 

Money: About 1,300 Bhat per night without breakfast. 

Would I stay there again? Probably not. Although the rooms were good, there are lots of options and I might look for something else because of these minor issues. 

576840193.760159.jpg

FWIW - I had a night in Bangkok a few months back and posted my impressions of Nana hotel.  I believe the posted rate was very close to what you paid above and have to say that think it looks like a much better option than what you had - amenities, location, breakfast, etc.  There seemed to be lots of comments that indicated that nana hotel not the best option so maybe there better.  I do not really care as would not consider staying for any amount of time in Bangkok.  

11 minutes ago, rioman said:

FWIW - I had a night in Bangkok a few months back and posted my impressions of Nana hotel.  I believe the posted rate was very close to what you paid above and have to say that think it looks like a much better option than what you had - amenities, location, breakfast, etc.  There seemed to be lots of comments that indicated that Nana hotel not the best option so maybe there better.  I do not really care as would not consider staying for any amount of time in Bangkok.  

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check the place out next time. And yes, Bangkok is no comparison to Pattaya for having 'Fun.' I was there for some work. However, I'd definitely go there at least for a couple of days on my future trips because of the shopping. The amount of shopping I could do in Bangkok is much better than anything available in my home country. 

• 1 year later...

I'm not too sure about the hotel but there is a really nice rooftop bar called Nest on the roof of it.

I've been in it a couple of times. There are always lots of really sexy girls in it.