Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New proposals to revive tourism

Al.

The proposals include waiving visa fees, cutting air fares by 50% and reducing airport charges.

Thai hotels Association, said three- and four-star hotels planned to discount room rates by 50 per cent for people visiting the country in February and March.

Full details The Nation

Only proposals at the moment have to wait and see I wouldn't hold my breath though...........................now if they were to devalue the Baht as well :Awesome:

Al.

My next trip to Pattaya/Thailand will be towards the end of July for 3 weeks. I am planning at staying at my usual hotel called the Welcome Plaza. At the moment the hotel is not reducing the rates on there rooms. So nearer the time I will have to send them an e-mail asking them if they are going to reduce there rates. And will mention that I have visited there hotel 8 times.

It's sad to say that the Thai's do not always reward customer loyalty. This recession looks like it will be going on for a long time to come. Plus with the exchange rate being so bad at the moment I can see the hotel being quieter than normal when I'm there in July/August so they should be doing there best to attract the tourists that are visiting Pattaya.

I normally visit Pattaya/Thailand twice a year. The first trip is in the summer and the second trip is in December for Christmas/New Year. If the exchange rate stays the same between the Pound(£) and the baht I will have to consider not going in December.

I will try my best to go in December so if the Tha's can do anything to help me that would be great because in the long run they will be the winners because if I'm in Thailand in December there people will get my spending money and not the local shops and bars in the UK. And I always spend more money if I was in Thailand than I would if I'm back in the UK

The proposals include waiving visa fees, cutting air fares by 50% and reducing airport charges.

Thai Hotels Association, said three- and four-star hotels planned to discount room rates by 50 per cent for people visiting the country in February and March.

Full details The Nation

Only proposals at the moment have to wait and see I wouldn't hold my breath though...........................now if they were to devalue the Baht as well :)

Al.

Al, where did you get this information from?

Sorry just noticed your link ;(

Edited by FreddyG