IGNORED

Baraquda Suites

Bobson VaGene

As much as I like to stay at the Hilton, a 10 night stay in the nicer rooms is too pricey. I've read that the Baraquda has seen better days, but by the time of my trip I'll have Accor Gold - meaning a free upgrade to next available room category.

Also when asked about my hotel, I can say that the nearby Golden Ville is clean, convenient & good working aircon/shower if worried about price gouging,  or just say Baraquda if chasing Gogo stunners.

Is it worth it to get a Suite at Barraquda or are there better Suites for around $300 aud a night?

On 31/03/2019 at 17:56, ChuckFinley said:

As much as I like to stay at the Hilton, a 10 night stay in the nicer rooms is too pricey. I've read that the Baraquda has seen better days, but by the time of my trip I'll have Accor Gold - meaning a free upgrade to next available room category.

Also when asked about my hotel, I can say that the nearby Golden Ville is clean, convenient & good working aircon/shower if worried about price gouging,  or just say Baraquda if chasing Gogo stunners.

Is it worth it to get a Suite at Barraquda or are there better Suites for around $300 aud a night?

For myself, I can say that the Baraquda is my choice place to stay in Pattaya. The staff are very friendly and no hassle with my guests, and the suites are large, contain a nice jacuzzi, 2 toilets (haha, a perk that no one really needs), an enormous shower with 2 heads, and a room-length balcony that overlooks the pool. If you're Gold status, you get a room upgrade, free welcome drinks at the lounge, and a comped bottle of sparkling wine. There is no true "executive lounge", but at around happy hour time, the restaurant -- beside the pool -- serves soda, tea, coffee, various canapes, and finger food desserts. The location is awesome, less than 15 minutes walk to Walking St, short walk to LK Metro and Soi Diana, and a short Baht bus ride to Soi 6. I recommend it highly. There aren't many places where you can get a large jacuzzi, but I love relaxing in them and so this is big for me. The only fickle thing that gives me the tiniest sliver of a reservation about the Baraquda is that while the pool is spacious and beautiful and never overly-populated, it is surrounded by buildings and gets sun only during a very select time of day when some party-goers might still be asleep. When the pool is covered by shade, it's the chillest place in Pattaya, aside from the Ice Bar. Anyhow -- this is no matter to me, and I will continue staying here and loving it, as long as they treat me well. In fact, I will be returning this month. And that's not an April Fool's joke!!  : )

I always stay here too in Pattaya. Had a Hilton Suite before and much preferred it here. Location awesome, and easy to get everywhere quickly walking or on foot. Pool great, and usually quiet, but loses sun after 3pm. Easy to walk down to beach though for some rays. 

Suites are great and massive. Jacuzzi excellent. Staff amazing and know exactly why guys come here. Have a real laugh with the male staff here actually. 

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed here for the second half of my trip last August (the first half was in the Asana).

This hold was better, although a little bit of a walk from Walking Street etc.

Pluses, the room was nice, spacious, albeit with a weird bed which was in the middle of the room.  A very nice pool.  Also, one of the receptionists was gorgeous.

Minuses. rather expensive.  Also the bar by the pool was stupidly expensive.  Said receptionsit didn't go the extra mile to offer the ultimate customer service (if you catch my drift).

Recommend?  Yes, for sure, if you can (and want to) afford it.

Would I stay again? Probably not.

Archived