Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Amari Don Muang

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Intro - this is a review of the main hotel at Bangkok’s second airport (Don Muang). I stayed 2 nights here with my missus and nipper. We had come to see the Disney on Ice show at the nearby Impact conference center, after which I was off on another solo trip to Pattaya. It’s also the best place to stay for airport stop-overs.

Location - 5 minutes stroll from Reception, over walkway, and you are at International check-in. Note the second picture down - this is the beginning of the walkway from International Arrivals at the airport.
Watch for any Government announcements about completion of BTS Skytrain, but this has been delayed, over and again, for at least 2 years! For now, not a perfect hotel for sightseeing in central Bangkok. 

Reception -  friendly and efficient, though asked me for payment and I had to remind them I prepaid.

Rooms - clean and comfortable, but the best thing is how big and comfortable the beds are... you'll pay a lot more in central Bangkok for a 4 star hotel which has anywhere near the bed comfort. We booked a Grand Suite top floor and a huge balcony overlooking the pool. Great big bathroom with small bath and separate shower. Air-con can sometimes be a bit too cold, and does not adjust easily.. the hotel needs to spend some money on updating the system. 

Cleanliness - like all Amari properties, the place is squeaky clean. Rooms made up within a few minutes of requesting the service. Guys, as always, please consider leaving a small gratuity for the maid.

Breakfast- If you are on a journey where you will have to wait for your next decent meal, worth splurging out on the buffet breakfast. Really top rate

Cost - on an Expedia deal I got my suite at 2,400 thb. The ordinary rooms were about 2,000. Excellent value. 

Conclusion -  I unreservedly recommend it to anyone targeting a mid-range budget, always worth keeping an eye out for special deal. As airport hotels go, the Amari Don Muang is hard to beat.

Lottellee Winna Rating - 8/10 

286C74F7-F6D0-490E-A6A2-3BF71DDFF172.jpeg

50FD73AF-6A94-4DE0-B458-5560A6EB9C57.jpeg

4B0E3296-3DC5-4C61-A6D9-A0C5B082D357.jpeg

A908C2A3-B22D-4E52-A0F9-B1372156C8D1.jpeg

DD8136AC-60E7-4AEC-862B-FE3FE6E8DBA2.jpeg

Archived