IGNORED

Chee Chan golf

Birdieboy

Has anyone on here played Chee Chan or know the story about it? from the looks of the website it looks top notch but golf websites often times can be deceiving.

RT 

Depends on your outlook. 

The clubhouse is top notch. 

The course was in good condition when I played it, however I believe its now 5200 a round and its not a course I would play again.  I ended up having to hit 3 or 5 woods into raised unreceptive greens. 

If you went in the rough the ball was lost most of the time. Some of the bunkers has steep faces and make the lies unplayable.

Its like most new courses long and bunkered with emphasis on hitting the driver.

I would say its similar to Waterside but the condition wasn't as good.

16 minutes ago, monster said:

Depends on your outlook. 

The clubhouse is top notch. 

The course was in good condition when I played it, however I believe its now 5200 a round and its not a course I would play again.  I ended up having to hit 3 or 5 woods into raised unreceptive greens. 

If you went in the rough the ball was lost most of the time. Some of the bunkers has steep faces and make the lies unplayable.

Its like most new courses long and bunkered with emphasis on hitting the driver.

I would say its similar to Waterside but the condition wasn't as good.

Interesting how long has it been open? 5200 is really steep for golf in Pattaya but for a once in awhile treat I wouldn’t mind paying. It looks great place to take some pictures. When you played out there was it very busy? I can’t imagine them getting to many rounds at that price! Also sounds like I should make sure I bring a fair amount of balls because my driver can get wayward at times lol 

RT 

39 minutes ago, Birdieboy said:

Interesting how long has it been open? 5200 is really steep for golf in Pattaya but for a once in awhile treat I wouldn’t mind paying. It looks great place to take some pictures. When you played out there was it very busy? I can’t imagine them getting to many rounds at that price! Also sounds like I should make sure I bring a fair amount of balls because my driver can get wayward at times lol 

It opened around the middle of last year and is a links style of course.
It looks like they are aiming for championship status hence the high prices.
I haven't played it but from the road it looks like it will be better in 5 years once the trees etc become more established. 

2 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

It opened around the middle of last year and is a links style of course.
It looks like they are aiming for championship status hence the high prices.
I haven't played it but from the road it looks like it will be better in 5 years once the trees etc become more established. 

Thx for the insight makes sense most new golf courses time some time to mature I suppose, if the higher price means less player and quicker rounds I don’t mind paying for that experience 

RT 

When a course first opens they really should charge a lower price until it gets established. Its a good location by Buddha mountain, close to Wat Yan and near to Pattaya but looks fairly flat.

Laem Chabang should be doing deals soon for 2k all in which is much better no doubt

Archived