Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jomtien Immigration

Taa_Saparot

I did a 30 day extension at Jomtien yesterday and in all my years, I have never seen it so quiet.

(That includes Soi 8 days)

I arrived at 9am, handed my paperwork to the girl at the desk, and she gave me ticket 105, and said just go straight to the desk, as there is no one waiting.

2 minutes later passport was returned with stamp and I was out the door.

Even the office to the left doing the proof of residence was quieter than I have ever seen it.

It would seem everyone else that was there, were there for re-entry stamps (Songkran Escapees)

There seems no need to be down there early doors now like you were better to do before.

So, why ?

Lack of Tourists ?

Everyone is using Visa Agents now ?

The office was bursting at the seems when I did my visa exempt extension, around December 27, 2018.  The room (to the left of the entrance) handling extensions literally could not hold everyone waiting, so if your number was a ways off, you would wait outside in the general area.

So the answer seems to be... low season.

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

- - in all my years, I have never seen it so quiet.

It is very difficult to predict the potential waiting times at Jomtien Immigration. A few weeks ago I completed my retirement visa and Multiple Entry. I started it on the Tuesday early afternoon and had to wait 1.5hrs to get my number up. Next day, by the time I picked up the passport to start the Multiple Entry application they had stopped issuing tickets for the queues for that  day.  Consequently  I had to return the next day. So overall, it took 3 visits over 3 days to sort it out!  Most years I can do it in two visits over two days.   

Packed out when i went a few times early February.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I would have done a 30 day extension around the same time last year, and I remember it being jam packed.

So, something has changed IMO.

17 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I would have done a 30 day extension around the same time last year, and I remember it being jam packed.

So, something has changed IMO.

I think you got lucky. I did a Multiple Entry Permit in late February and the place was not that crowded. A buddy of mine went a few days later for his 90 day reporting and the place was packed. On any given day ......

For 90 day reports.. any time of the year.... Go in the afternoon midweek and you will be in and out in about 10 minutes MAX.. sometimes as little as 3 minutes.

The office was bursting at the seems when I did my visa exempt extension, around December 27, 2018.  The room (to the left of the entrance) handling extensions literally could not hold everyone waiting, so if your number was a ways off, you would wait outside in the general area.
So the answer seems to be... low season.
The room to left of the entrance is for registering address TM30 .
I've always done my extension in the main office.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

On 28/03/2019 at 11:06, dave01 said:

For 90 day reports.. any time of the year.... Go in the afternoon midweek and you will be in and out in about 10 minutes MAX.. sometimes as little as 3 minutes.

That's the same as my recent experience ( February mid-week)  I didn't even have time sit down before my queue number was called. Processed in less than a minute and out the door !

The other desks were busy but the office wasn't in general chaos which can be the case in high season.

Archived