Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ktk royal residence

Nomad786

Hello,

Anybody had any experience of this hotel.

Also is it in a good area for punting purposes 

Costing us £600 for 16 nights, is that reasonable (towards the end of april).

Thanks in advance

Stayed there twice late 2018. Good hotel, great service, very clean. Indoor and outdoor pool. The indoor pool is very relaxing and great for rainy season. The lobby makes the hotel look more upscale. Beds are not fantastic, and the rooms are a bit dark. If you plan on spending a lot of time in your room and like the daylight, I would look elsewhere. The Grand Studio is huge but not worth it. It is in the other building and is much more worn down. I have also stayed in a Royal Deluxe Studio, which was better value as they are newer and better kept. The breakfast is really good. Normally, I sleep through breakfast, but at this hotel it was as reason to get up. May have been the best hotel breakfast I have experienced in Pattaya.

It is on a good soi with a nice restaurant and a laundry place just across the street. The moto taxi guys are reliable and fair. I have stayed at many hotels on the soi and it does not feel like it is too far away from it all. Just a quick ride with the mototaxi. Soi 6 is within walking distance.

I too really like the location (called soi AR), particularly good for Soi 6. Soi AR has a lovely chilled vibe to it, some nice cafes and a good Irish Pub. KTK Royal and Regent are both decent hotels, although my preference in that soi would be for Amari Nova Suites, @Mind exclusive or Centara Nova Spa. A bit cheaper, but still good is Nova Gold.

• 1 month later...

Just to give you feed back after the trip. This is a good hotel. Good variety for breakfast. Staff are good always willing to help and can speak English.  Free bus service to second road. Very good cafe across the road. 5 min walk from Soi6. But personal opinion it's a bit out the way for Walking Street, LK Metro or terminal 21. Taking at least 20-25 min walk to each of these places. Unless you like walking or hire a motorbike.

I stayed here in the last week of March

I chose it because of its proximity to Soi 6

Also, I don't mind walking, so I liked the location as I was able to get were I needed to be with a minimum of fuss

A couple of things

• I also chose it because of the wide selection of choices for breakfast, which is exactly like their photos, however, for some reason, I can't put my finger on it, but I was put off from selecting anything on the buffet table, I had the same thing every morning, fried eggs and cereal
  • I recommend the little yellow hut opposite KTK for a coffee, they make a nice coffee there
  • They had a sink on the balcony??? If someone can explain why, especially as they had a sink in the room, I'd love to hear it
  • I paid 50 AUD per night, including breakfast

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and if I got the same rate for my next visit to Pats, I'd stay there again

A solid 7.5/10

1 hour ago, The Serpent said:

I stayed here in the last week of March

I chose it because of its proximity to Soi 6

Also, I don't mind walking, so I liked the location as I was able to get were I needed to be with a minimum of fuss

A couple of things

• I also chose it because of the wide selection of choices for breakfast, which is exactly like their photos, however, for some reason, I can't put my finger on it, but I was put off from selecting anything on the buffet table, I had the same thing every morning, fried eggs and cereal
  • I recommend the little yellow hut opposite KTK for a coffee, they make a nice coffee there
  • They had a sink on the balcony??? If someone can explain why, especially as they had a sink in the room, I'd love to hear it
  • I paid 50 AUD per night, including breakfast

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and if I got the same rate for my next visit to Pats, I'd stay there again

A solid 7.5/10

Good feedback thank you.

Was the ‘yellow hut’ the little German Cafe...great place to eat and nice coffee too.

Re the sink on balcony - don’t forget that KTK is designed as an ‘apart-hotel’. As such they cater for longer staying guests, so it’s a little different from your average hotel - eg rooms are bigger... my guess is that the sink is to enable the hand washing of clothes.

Was the ‘yellow hut’ the little German Cafe

I can't remember the name, they also have some advertising for the place inside the lift in KTK

As soon as you walk out of KTK, its not even 5 meters to your right

They also make pancakes there, if it helps put a name to the place

don’t forget that KTK is designed as an ‘apart-hotel

I didn't know that, that would explain why there is a sink outside

Thanks for the update Lottelle

• 2 months later...

Does the KTK have a joiner fee? Same question for Nova Park hotel, and Nova Gold.

I'm deciding what hotel to move to next, and even though I don't take back girls to my room that often, I just like paying a joiner fee. 

8 minutes ago, wadman said:

Does the KTK have a joiner fee? Same question for Nova Park hotel, and Nova Gold.

I'm deciding what hotel to move to next, and even though I don't take back girls to my room that often, I just like paying a joiner fee. 

Nova Gold doesn't have a joiner fee.  Amari Nova on Soi AR is also worth checking out...nice suites and very reasonably priced

7 minutes ago, mgthom75 said:

Nova Gold doesn't have a joiner fee.  Amari Nova on Soi AR is also worth checking out...nice suites and very reasonably priced

Thanks for the info. Nova Gold and Nova Park on Agoda show at about 800 baht for a studio unit of 42 sqm, which include a kitchenette with burners, microwave and kitchenware. Frankly, that's insane value for what's essentially a mini apartment. 

Bummer it's a bit of a walk off second road to get to these hotels. I walked by them a couple of days ago, buildings /ground looked nice enough. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2019 at 20:48, wadman said:

Thanks for the info. Nova Gold and Nova Park 

FYI, Nova Gold has way better rooms than Nova Park. Only upside to Park between the two is a larger pool areal.

The location is actually ok. It is walking distance to Soi 6. The soi is not too busy and has good restaurants and laundry options. Moto taxt guys are fair and reasonable.

I have stayed at both KTKs, Nova Park, Amari Nova, @Mind and Centara Nova. Seen the rooms at Nova Gold and Siam View. Centara Nova and Nova Gold is best value in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, Hermansen said:

FYI, Nova Gold has way better rooms than Nova Park. Only upside to Park between the two is a larger pool areal.

The location is actually ok. It is walking distance to soi 6. The soi is not too busy and has good restaurants and laundry options. Moto taxt guys are fair and reasonable.

I have stayed at both KTKs, Nova Park, Amari Nova, @Mind and Centara Nova. Seen the rooms at Nova Gold and Siam View. Centara Nova and Nova Gold is best value in my opinion.

I stayed 1 week at KTK residence, and 1 week at Nova Gold. Here is my opinion of them. 

Ktk residence: I had a superior studio room for 950b/night, which was rated at 35 sqm on Agoda but seemed much larger. It had a microwave (which I never used) and kitchenware. Prior to moving in, I read some of the reviews which mentioned ants, so I was very careful with food, but there were a few ants nonetheless. The breakfast was rated as very good, but I never made a single one. Room was a bit on the dark side (only 1/3 of the outside was taken up by the balcony, the other 2/3 was the bathroom)

Nova Gold: I had a regular/standard room for 750b per night. Ceilings were low, some parts were only 8 feet high. The rooms were built with some quality fixings but the hotel is starting to show its age a bit. Door would only lock if you pull it really tight, aircon was noisy until the hotel "fixed" it (the only noisy setting was the lowest fan setting, so the "fix" was, don't use that setting...).

Overall, the rooms themselves were very good value for money. But hotel rooms are real estate, so location is paramount. For me, I didn't enjoy the location. Yes, there were a few Thai run restaurants there, but to be honest, the food was only so-so. If you rent a bike (which I didn't /don't) , that location should be alright. I am in P Plus hotel (on Soi Excite) now for around 800b/night. It's just so much more convenient here, with a lot more places within a very short walking distance. I can get a blowjob practically right outside the hotel :-) 

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, MF-AJ said:

How are the beds and pillows here? Seen one person didn't like them, curious about everyone else...

The bed that I had was significantly softer than what you usually get in Asia, which is (very) firm.  It was mushy-soft, relatively speaking.  It felt more like a cheap foam mattress, because it didn't bounce back into its original shape after you roll over.

Archived