IGNORED

Brit teens left for dead on snake-infested island

Taa_Saparot

:rolleyes:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8661838/rattlesnake-infested-island-teens-dead-thai-conmen-snorkelling-trip/

NO WAY BACK Brit teens left for dead on snake-infested island after being ripped off by Thai conmen who promised to take them on snorkelling trip
The pals said they were told to jump out of the boat 32 feet from the island

By Nicola Stow
18th March 2019

A GROUP of Brit teenagers claim they were left for dead on an island infested with snakes after paying for a snorkelling trip.

Emily Ince, 19, from Preston, Lancs, was on a dream holiday to Thailand with 17 friends when they were approached by three men offering a snorkelling tour in the seaside resort of Hua Hin.

NINTCHDBPICT000476847026.jpg?w=960

The teenagers claim they were left on the 'snake-infested' Thai island

But the student claims after she and her pals joined the tour – paying £20 each – they were told to jump out of the speed boat 32 feet from an island.

They claim they were then told to swim to shore before the men threw just two snorkelling masks into the water for the group and advised them to "stay away from the snakes".

Emily said she and her friends were forced to swim in the jellyfish-infested sea to the island, which was swarming with deadly snakes.

We were terrified when he mentioned the snakes
After being left without food, water or sunscreen for three hours, the friends were eventually rescued after enlisting the help of a local fisherman.

Emily said: “Whilst we were at the beach, three Thai men told us they sold snorkelling trips.

“Being gullible, we said ‘yeah okay’ because it was about 700 baht each – around £18 to £20 – so we thought it was a good deal.

"I was in the first group and we were really excited, but as we came close to the island, they stopped the boat about ten metres away and made us swim from the boat to the island.

'STAY AWAY FROM THE SNAKES'
“When we eventually got on the island, the three men just chucked us two snorkelling masks (which looked like they were from Poundland or something) and advised we keep away from the snakes.

"Understandably we were confused and a bit concerned about that, and then my friend got stung by a jellyfish whilst swimming over because the waters were infested with them.

“We were terrified when he mentioned the snakes. I was genuinely concerned we were going to be trafficked or something."

Emily said one of the members of their group even said she felt like they were on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

The island the group were stranded on was so secluded it's not even on the map.

The group were in Thailand in June but are just telling the story now after Emily's tweet about their experience went viral.

Emily said: “We were there for hours; in the end we saw a fisherman and he helped us contact the people who worked on the beach.

"It took a lot of effort and persuasion but the three men came and got us and the journey back to Thailand was very quiet because everyone was so angry.

"The icing on the cake was they refused to refund us - which we half expected."

NINTCHDBPICT000476844646.jpg?w=960

Emily, third from right, with her pals, who have not been named, before they paid for their 'snorkelling' trip

First of all they are young and it was probably a bit scary. I’m glad they are ok. 

But “Left for dead” for THREE HOURS?

and then the people working on this unmarked island made sure they got back ok?

seems like a very exaggerated news story.  

I thought it was going to be a story about how they were dropped off in Australia   :)

And yes, I would  do Emily.  Give something to tweet about.  :)

Best guess is they were at Talu Island, a popular island for snorkeling day trips from Hua Hin. If some parts of their story are to be believed, it sounds like they tried to do it on cheap and got exactly what they paid for. A trip out and left on the island while the boat went back to get another group. Reason I say that is from the article is the quote ""I was in the first group ".

Found this pic that bears a resemblance to the one from the article, although this one appears to be taken at high tide and at a different angle to the shore.
Image result for talu island hua hin snorkeling

Drama Queens. The tweet she sent that got publicity mentions rattlesnakes that don’t even live in Thailand. Very rare to see any type of snakes over here anyway.

1 hour ago, nil said:

Drama queens. The tweet she sent that got publicity mentions rattlesnakes that don’t even live in Thailand. Very rare to see any type of snakes over here anyway.

the tour guide may of said Trouser Snakes and she got mixed up ... 55555

On 19/03/2019 at 11:41, nil said:

Drama queens. The tweet she sent that got publicity mentions rattlesnakes that don’t even live in Thailand. Very rare to see any type of snakes over here anyway.

Yes no Rattlesnake HOWEVER a lot of other snakes Including deadly Cobra.

Just because you don't see them don't mean that there are none.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 19/03/2019 at 04:11, Mognam said:

I thought it was going to be a story about how they were dropped off in Australia   :)

And yes, I would  do Emily.  Give something to tweet about.  :)

I'm sure someone would do your daughter if she came to a life threatening situation.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

1 hour ago, storytime said:

I'm sure someone would do your daughter if she came to a life threatening situation.

They are always somebody's daughter, so chill Winston. Personally, I'd be pretty happy doing any one of them.

Some TGs from Pattaya have to deal with some anacondas even now and then and they don’t make such a fuss about it 

:Dance1:

Archived