Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Expensive hotels

Nomad786

First time going to pattaya with my mates in april. They have been before. I was wondering is there any benefit in staying in the expensive hotels.

My mqte also wanted to book a hotel once we are there, which seemed a bit strange after a 14 hour flight. Is that sensible.

One of them has mentioned staying in Hilton hotel for one day. Anybody had any experience there.

Any recommendations for hotels or distance or type for mongering purposes

Thanks in advance

I always book in advance, but I also travel during high season (and often use hotel points for my room).  For me, it's about 24+ hours of travel to get to Pattaya, and the last thing that I want to do upon arrival is to try to find a place to stay.

I also do not like changing where I stay during my trip, but my trips are short.

Others' opinions may vary.

I have had some issues with the Hilton, but stay there often given my Diamond status with their frequent guest program (obtained via a credit card instead of stays).  I think that it might be in the perfect location (the Avani is in a great spot, but I have read on PA that it is not guest friendly), attached to Central Festival - lots of dining options just an elevator ride away.

That said, I think that it is over-priced for what you get.  There are some design issues IMHO and I think that they have done a pretty piss poor job of maintaining it (rooms and building shows serious signs of wear; shower leaks badly into bathroom floor; pool is pretty small for a hotel this size and generally freezing cold; etc.)

They have a "guest must be over 20 years old" rule that is (sometimes) enforced.  Doesn't sound like a problem UNTIL you get back to the hotel with a 19 year old cutie from a gogo that you are eager to fuck....then it is a HUGE problem!  5555

Given the perks that I get there and the use/accumulation of hotel points, I will be back at the Hilton.  I just don't know how strongly I would recommend it to anyone else.

Many people like the hotels on Soi 10, given their central and convenient location.  I stayed at SeaMe Srings Tree on my last trip (long story, but a change of plans left me scrambling for a room for my last 3 nights).  It was new, clean and has a nice (but small) pool, but the room was very small and the wifi was atrocious.  I doubt that I would stay there again, as wifi is important to me.

Although Pattaya is a sin city, not everyone sees it through the eyes of a monger like we do.

I’ve stayed at more premium places before and was hassled about my “new guest” each time.

another thing, really how much time do you plan on being in the hotel?

personally, I’d rather go to a dirty bar across the road than sit in my hotel when on holidays.

I try to stay at semi decent places used by other PA members, close to action and no questions asked about my girls throughout the trip.

Also, It’s great comparing “guests” at breakfast or in the pool each morning in a hotel full of sleazy mongers like myself.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

thai2try raises a point that I should have mentioned about the Hilton -- I have never felt "shamed" or "hassled' about bringing girls back while staying there.  The hotel personnel seem to recognize that Pattaya is what it is.

Book an hotel before you go, i`ve done the traipsing about looking for a room before and its shit tbh, its an holiday so make things as easy and convenient as you can. Im also one for staying at the same hotel for the duration of my trip, once im settled in thats it, i cant be arsed faffing about packing and unpacking every few days as i just dont see the point.

To each their own, but while I don’t mind changing hotels if I’m there on a ten day or more trip, I wouldn’t want to stay just one day somewhere upon arrival then have to move elsewhere after a long trip.

Lots of good choices described for first timers in this section of the forums - location would be most important I think. Places like bay breeze on soi honey, or 24/7 or Aqua hotel nearby. Areca is also nicely positioned. I like Avani a lot, but you may get socked with a joiners fee so that probably wouldn’t be a good choice. Hilton is too pricey for me but if it’s in your budget go for it.

you can pay top dollar if you want to. and  a reasonable hotel/guest house is going to look too cheap by western standards but still be perfectly adequate for most travelers needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at The Hilton a couple of times and did not enjoy it. Rooms are looking really shabby and badly maintained for the price. Also loads of kids there and in pool which really got on my tits. The old Marriott was the best but now Avani and charge a joiner fee so that's out. So my two faves now are The Wave on Beach Road, which is really nice but lots of families, and Baraquda. Baraquda my hotel of choice now and both Wave and that girl friendly with no issues. 

Archived