IGNORED

Renew UK passport in Australia

The Sly Fox

I have UK passport and live in Australia. The UK passport is filling up fast and I have 6 pages left. I reckon before this year's out I'll need to get a new passport. So can anyone give me some pointers/tips on applying for a new UK passport in Australia, approx cost (I'll need the extra pages passport) plus some idea of how long it takes for the new passport to be completed and delivered to me?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Perhaps a phone call to your nearest UK consulate would help.

1 hour ago, kansuwan said:

Work yer way through this:

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

The one you have quoted is very generic and basically tells nearly everyone the same thing. I ended up phoning the passport office in Liverpool and he admitted it was wrong.

This link seems better for Australia https://www.gov.uk/government/news/changes-to-british-passport-services-in-australia

1 hour ago, The Sly Fox said:

I have UK passport and live in Australia. The UK passport is filling up fast and I have 6 pages left. I reckon before this year's out I'll need to get a new passport. So can anyone give me some pointers/tips on applying for a new UK passport in Australia, approx cost (I'll need the extra pages passport) plus some idea of how long it takes for the new passport to be completed and delivered to me?

I've not really looked at the Australian form but the cost for me to renew from Thailand for a normal sized passport is 118.51 quid and the larger one is about 125 quid ?

The man I spoke to at the passport office said to me that I have to put a note in part of the application form stating that I need to have my passport on me whilst living in Thailand and I cannot return it ( part 7 on the application form )_.

24 minutes ago, Hallmark said:

I've not really looked at the Australian form but the cost for me to renew from Thailand for a normal sized passport is 118.51 quid and the larger one is about 125 quid ?

The man I spoke to at the passport office said to me that I have to put a note in part of the application form stating that I need to have my passport on me whilst living in Thailand and I cannot return it ( part 7 on the application form )_.

Yes, thanks. I asked previously if it's better/easier to renew in Thailand or Oz and everybody said far easier in Oz. I've looked at the links for online and guess I'll sort it out easy enough when the time comes. I've got a trip to Thailand next week, for 3 weeks, and possibly a side trip to Cambodia, so time I get back to Perth I'll be down to 4 pages.

4 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

Yes, thanks. I asked previously if it's better/easier to renew in Thailand or Oz and everybody said far easier in Oz. I've looked at the links for online and guess I'll sort it out easy enough when the time comes. I've got a trip to Thailand next week, for 3 weeks, and possibly a side trip to Cambodia, so time I get back to Perth I'll be down to 4 pages.

You're lucky you can deal direct with the UK, here now I have to go to Bangkok as the embassy has outsourced the passport and I believe visas ? And the information given on various blogs conflicts with what the UK passport websites say which in turn is wrong according to the man I spoke to in the UK who has it happened had lived in Thailand so he agreed it was wrong.

Going to be some fun on Wednesday when I go to Bangkok !

2 hours ago, Hallmark said:

You're lucky you can deal direct with the UK, here now I have to go to Bangkok as the embassy has outsourced the passport and I believe visas ? And the information given on various blogs conflicts with what the UK passport websites say which in turn is wrong according to the man I spoke to in the UK who has it happened had lived in Thailand so he agreed it was wrong.

Going to be some fun on Wednesday when I go to Bangkok !

Last time I renewed it was easy, in Pattaya with Mr. Barry at Thai Immigration in Jomtien, Barry helped me with the forms and witnessed everything, and the application was sent off to HK, was dead easy. Now it's a different story.

Archived