Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Etihad - On Line Check In Refused

PR1977

Flying to LoS via AUX in a couple of days and Etihad won't let me check in on line, saying I have to present the credit card I used at time of booking (last May) via the Etihad website on arrival at the airport.

Phoned the service centre who said my booking was in "PCC status" and suggested I send a copy of the credit card statement showing the payment being made to some generic e-mail address. I'm not overly keen to do that. I don't know what "PCC status" is and they couldn't really explain it to me either, other than by telling me that some details had to be verified. Quite why this wasn't raised in the 10 months since I made the booking wasn't explained either.

Anyone come across this before? Never happened to me with Etihad (20 previous flights on 5 bookings) or any other airline for that matter.

Looks to me like a rather pathetic attempt to try and bump me off the flight when I turn up at the airport having not checked in...

Hi PR1977

Been using Etihad Airways on and off since they started from London way back in 2005 and have never heard of this PCC status always checked in without any problems, although they are correct in saying you must provide the credit card used to make the booking but not once have they asked me for it, don't think I would like to send a copy of the statement showing all my details of the payment either. anyway I hope you get it all sorted my friend.   

i have never checked in with etihad other than at the airport and i have flown with them to thailand  probably more times than anyone else on this forum. you are worrying about nothing

2 hours ago, striderman said:

i have never checked in with etihad other than at the airport and i have flown with them to thailand  probably more times than anyone else on this forum. you are worrying about nothing

Maybe he wants to check in online and get an aisle seat or something. Don't Etihad charge to reserve seats nowadays? I've only flown them once, It was around 2014/5 and I flew DUB-AUH-BKK return and back then they were rather marvellous.

Flying to LoS via AUX in a couple of days and Etihad won't let me check in on line, saying I have to present the credit card I used at time of booking (last May) via the Etihad website on arrival at the airport.
Phoned the service centre who said my booking was in "PCC status" and suggested I send a copy of the credit card statement showing the payment being made to some generic e-mail address. I'm not overly keen to do that. I don't know what "PCC status" is and they couldn't really explain it to me either, other than by telling me that some details had to be verified. Quite why this wasn't raised in the 10 months since I made the booking wasn't explained either.
Anyone come across this before? Never happened to me with Etihad (20 previous flights on 5 bookings) or any other airline for that matter.
Looks to me like a rather pathetic attempt to try and bump me off the flight when I turn up at the airport having not checked in...

Many airlines won’t allow you to check in online anymore, citing increased security as the reason.

I've flown United and ANA many times, and you can’t check in online for either anymore, even though they both send emails 24 hours in advance, telling me to check in online. I fill out the forms online, and then I get a message that I have to check in at the airport.

I believe it's just another security check to have some face time with you, and make sure your passport is genuine.

Just now, javasumatra said:

Maybe he wants to check in online and get an aisle seat or something. Don't Etihad charge to reserve seats nowadays? I've only flown them once, It was around 2014/5 and I flew DUB-AUH-BKK return and back then they were rather marvellous.

yeah they are after every dollar. last year they started charging 25 pounds to book a specific seat. so from uk it would be 25 x 4 to cover the trip out and back........................and if you wanted an exit row seat that jumps to around 75 pounds per leg.

you know where they shove that. for me as a freq flyer gold card  holder i can usually get an aisle seat at the check in desk. i check in early cos i can use the business lounge. 

the ones it hurts are families who naturally want to sit together and if there are 4 in the family it's getting expensive

On 05/03/2019 at 20:41, PR1977 said:

The reason they refused to let you check in online is strange.

(1) I've flown with them many times and I normally check in at the airport.  And I've only ever been asked for my Credit Card once

(2) They should allow you to check in online because they can still ask to see your Credit Card at the airport. They can ask you for your Credit Card when you drop your suitcase off OR if you go the airport with only hand luggage they can ask to see your Credit Card when you first get to the gate.

Odd that they would wait until online check-in time to ask for credit card verification

Many airlines state you should bring the CC used for the booking. I assume it is to cover cases where the booking has been made very recently. I have never been asked but usually book 3 months in advance. My card has expired but fortunately the new card has the same number.

Was all good in the end....was concerned over nothing. They didn’t even ask for the CC at check in.

As usual with this airline, both flights were nowhere near full, spare sears next to me on both journeys. The usual people scrambling for seats with spaces next to them just before take off too - if I actually did pay for a seat or have a neighbour free seat bid accepted I wouldn’t be happy.

8 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Was all good in the end....was concerned over nothing. They didn’t even ask for the CC at check in.

As usual with this airline, both flights were nowhere near full, spare sears next to me on both journeys. The usual people scrambling for seats with spaces next to them just before take off too - if I actually did pay for a seat or have a neighbour free seat bid accepted I wouldn’t be happy.

luckily on my last flight  leg 2 from abu dhabi to bkk was full in feb and i was upgraded. 1 happy bunny

Maybe PCC status = Pesky Cheapie Charlie status ??

BTW I have sometimes been asked for my credit card at check in - seems random and no idea why, probably some security check, seems unrelated to seating as I always reserve my seat when booking.

Archived