IGNORED

Golden Sea Pattaya Hotel

malefni

I've stayed  there  for my last 2 trips. Very good hotel. Good size rooms. Good staff. Good pool area and good location. I pay for room only as there are many eating places nearby. 

• 7 months later...

I see there are 7 types of accommodations, from Superior Rooms to Villas. From some pics and videos, also some readings, i believe there are different kinds of quality, depending, for example, on when was the last refurb.

I have seen pics of rooms with CRT tv and others with flat screen ones; i have watched a video where, for a few moments, you could see a narrow and old style shower, with what it seems to be also an old curtain as protection.

Also, the reviews vary from "wonderful, clean, etc", to "terrible, dirty, etc". 

Without a deeper knowledge, i am afraid to book there,

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread, anymore recommendations for this hotel? Is it guest friendly? It’s pretty cheap at the moment, probably due to the lack of Chinese tour buses. Cheers 

I’ve stayed there a few times. Good location and guest friendly. It does cater to the Chinese tour groups so that’s probably why the rates are good now. Breakfast is over pretty early.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

• 1 year later...

I have been to this hotel on my last trip in dezember 2019. They have a seperate building for all these guys from India - i don't know if it is used for the chinese people too. The pool was great....

IMG_20191213_104015.jpg

• 3 months later...

Was there in Jan, not many people there.   

Pool good, room clean little dated flat screen tv wifi not great for streaming had thai 5G sim so was ok

Booked again for April 

Stayed there in the past in 2016

Great big rooms and a big balcony

Choose rooms on Soi Backhao side otherwise you get blasted by the sun first thing in the morning which aint ideal if you have had a late booze filled night 

Rooms are quiet as you are set back well from Soi Backhao so you don't have the noise yet it is only a 80 metre walk from reception back onto Soi Backhao 

Downside you are sort of the in a shit area of Soi Backhao action wise so you are walking or taking a baht bus everywhere 

Pool was quite big but on the downside exposed to the elements with no shade available

I had 2 small beds jammed together to make a big bed which is something that I don't like as I hate when it gets involved during bed maneuvers and your knee holding you up slides into the crack and it fucks up what you were doing at the time

The showers were to me unique and I went about 2 days having cold showers until I took a TG in with me and she was able to show me how to get hot water out of them. You either needed to be Thai or a Engineer  to operate them 

There was a giant wooden horse in reception which is odd

It not the worse hotel and is well priced if you want to keep costs down 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png