Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

London to Bangkok Eva or BA

BigRichard

Guys looking at booking a direct premium economy flight from London to `Bangkok .

Eva is cheaper but I’ve never flown with them , BA is £200 more , not fussed about that.

Who would you travel with in Premium Economy and why ?

thanks in advance .

Not flown Premium,  only biz.

Eva a much, MUCH better airline than BA in every way.

I’m flying BA next time just because it was £700 cheaper. Thai are poor as well, but don’t have Premium in any case.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Is there a designated cabin for premium economy on long haul flights? I usually fly with Qatar and I’ve never ever noticed premium seats. Just economy, biz and first..

whats the difference between premium and standard economy?

BA shite I would be hard pushed to use them even if the ticket was free..lots of old trolley dollys and bent crew service compared to almost everyone else sub par Eva is great head and shoulders above BA

Not done PE for some years as fly up front nowadays and use Middle Eastern products which are top class

Stick to Eva my old mate and fuck BA

If I was looking at premium economy flights my choice would be EVA. They are almost always cheaper and offer a better experience 

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

I have flown EVA a few times from Houston Texas to Bangkok on EVA.

The Premium Economy IMHO is well work the extra fare especially when you are on one plane for over 15 hours.

Easy transfer in Taipei Taiwan for the short ride into BKK.

The cabin crew very friendly and helpful and also very easy on the eyes.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

If I was on an aircraft that went Tech in the air than frankly the only airline I'd want to be on would be BA to get it safely on to the ground

I'm not a BA fan (and I used to work for them) but I think It's important to have a balanced view.

I flew Eva back over Thanksgiving ORD-TPE-BKK in PE and I thought they were fantastic. Lovely clean plane, very pleasant professional crew, nice amenity kit, great ife, food was nice. I was really impressed.

I've flown BA on Concorde, First, Business (Club World as they call it), PE (WTP) and Economy (WT).

In your case, it is a complete no-brainer, EVA are vastly superior.

I avoid BA whenever I fly in first, biz or premium economy but as they fly an economy 9 abreast 777 LHR-BKK, they are always in the running. I'd take BA 3-3-3 economy over ANY 10 abreast 777 config. (Eva and CX are rolling these out and the ME3 already have them).

EVA +1.... I think we're beginning to see a pattern here....

Just having the same discussion with my lad when he comes over I told him I only hear relatively good reports about EVA and having flown with BA myself they are woeful and I wouldn’t fly with them.

On 01/03/2019 at 10:55, REAR_ENTRY said:

Is there a designated cabin for premium economy on long haul flights?

whats the difference between premium and standard economy?

A slightly wider seat and more legroom is the main difference. The premium economy cabin is quite small and my concern if I were to travel in it would be the availabilty of an aisle seat.

EVA every time if you're paying in cash and travelling premium or business class.  The difference in the business class hard product is particularly striking. In economy whoever is cheapest or has flight times to suit.

I fly business and it's always Eva or Thai rather than BA for reasons given above. Eva always seem less expensive as well.

Eva service is good so I'd go for Eva in PE especially given it's less expensive.

On 02/03/2019 at 20:29, ableyone said:

A slightly wider seat and more legroom is the main difference. The premium economy cabin is quite small and my concern if I were to travel in it would be the availabilty of an aisle seat.

I would also add that the arm rest is usually wider, so that there is less fighting over that space. This is what annoys me most about economy,

In general, food is also better (but depends on the airline).

On 01/03/2019 at 08:26, LeoTex said:

I have flown EVA a few times from Houston Texas to Bangkok on EVA.

The Premium Economy IMHO is well work the extra fare especially when you are on one plane for over 15 hours.

Easy transfer in Taipei Taiwan for the short ride into BKK.

The cabin crew very friendly and helpful and also very easy on the eyes.

LeoTex 

I agree.  Only flew with Eva once from Toronto but it was a smooth flight.  Food was decent, good looking flight attendants.  Easy transfer in Taipei, simpler setup. 

Eva usually sells out first (here) then you are left with a Cathay flight...  last time with Cathay there was a problem almost every landing.  Food sucked too.

If any 50/50 question is posed regarding a preference for airlines and one option is BA, then the answer is ALWAYS the other one.

Over countless flights over many years all of my negative experiences under the control of the airline have ALWAYS been when using British Airways, they are a total embarrassment to Britain. As a solo traveler I've had my pre-seating forcibly overridden 4 times by BA, never with any other airline. I've been upgraded free of charge by EVA before, with BA I felt lucky if my pre-booked seat hasn't been fucked with by some fat spinster at the departure lounge with BA.

If there are any sour and bitter old maids being employed in the air industry you can guarantee they're wearing British Airways uniforms and the chances are they're on your flight to Bangkok looking at single male travelers to Thailand with disdain. EVA's flight attendants are dreamy and get you right in the mood for the delights of Asia from the second you arrive at check-in.

BA are appalling. I stopped using them years ago. Nevermind the price, avoid BA.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Archived