IGNORED

Shuttle bus Don Muang to Swampy

The Sly Fox

Next Monday night I'm flying out of Swampy. I'll be traveling down from Korat by minivan, which passes Don Muang Airport, so I'm thinking I can jump off the van at Don Muang and take the free shuttle bus from there directly to Swampy. Can anyone tell me where exactly at Don Muang Airport the shuttle buses to Swampy depart, and is there anything else I should know/do in advance?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

You should look into the buses operating hours. Nothing worse than showing up to find out it’s not running. 

2 minutes ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

You should look into the buses operating hours. Nothing worse than showing up to find out it’s not running. 

Yeah, that's sort of why I'm asking here, I'm hoping someone who took the shuttle bus recently, like in the past week or so, can give me the latest info. 

Do a google search. It should show operating hours and how long to expect travel times to be. It also says where to catch it. I know, I saw the page once. 

2 minutes ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

Do a google search. It should show operating hours and how long to expect travel times to be. It also says where to catch it. I know, I saw the page once. 

Already done Google search, it departs frequently (every 30 mins), and travel time (approx 1 hr) but I can't see exactly where it goes from, so I'm asking here. If someone can tell me where it'll save me piss farting around walking up and down and round and round with my luggage.

I’ve caught it several times.  Leaves from the International Terminal Arrivals level at DM if memory serves me correctly.

If you can’t find locations on the internet (DM airport website) just ask one of the many helpful staff in the airport, which will avoid  needless walking around.  It’s what I do everytime just in case it’s pickup location has moved.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

And don't forget to go to the desk just inside the door and get a stamp on your hand to show the bus driver to be let on. You will need to show your flight from Suvarnabhumi to get the stamp.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, kane666 said:

And don't forget to go to the desk just inside the door and get a stamp on your hand to show the bus driver to be let on. You will need to show your flight from Suvarnabhumi to get the stamp.

Yes the annoying thing is you can only get the shuttle on the way out, not the way back.

6 hours ago, mancity09 said:

Gate number 6, surprised you missed if if you did a google search 

https://www.thai.lt/blog/364-free-shuttle-bus-between-suvarnabhumi-bkk-and-don-mueang-dmk-airports

Thanks man, good info here, I did a Google search but got on different sites, not as clear as this one. So 1st floor, door 6. Now I know...thanks again.

4 hours ago, kane666 said:

Thanks, good tip, I'll make sure I do that.

10 hours ago, kane666 said:

Yes, need to show a flight in either direction (departing from the airport you are shuttling to). Any flight works, even one for the next day.

it only works if you can show a ticket that you need to go to the other airport

if you land in swampy and just want to go don mueng,, you need to have a flight booked

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

It’s amazing what you can do with a printer and online PDF editor... :Oops3:

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

On 01/03/2019 at 16:29, Tagum said:

Yes, need to show a flight in either direction (departing from the airport you are shuttling to). Any flight works, even one for the next day.

On 01/03/2019 at 17:09, fostraswift said:

it only works if you can show a ticket that you need to go to the other airport

if you land in swampy and just want to go don mueng,, you need to have a flight booked

No worries there, I have a ticket for a flight out of Swampy later that night.

That all worked out well. I came down to Bangkok from Korat by minivan yesterday, and as the van passes Don Muang airport I jumped off there. Found Gate 6 and went to the counter, showed my ticket out of Swampy later that night, got the stamp on back my hand, and about 20 minutes later the bus took off. It got to Swampy in about 45 minutes, which is faster than usual, and I had plenty of time before my flight departure, so headed down to the level 1 foodcourt and had a phat thai. Only unpleasant thing about the entire evening was a hell of a line at the check in, it took around 30 minutes shuffling forward a few inches at a time before I got to a check-in counter. Immigration was a breeze, was done there in under 5 minutes.

Archived