IGNORED

Thai Airlines - BKK - BRIS Direct - Business Class

Atlas

of years Howdy all,

Have just returned to Australia for a visit and whilst at BKK airport I thought I would shout myself an upgrade to Business Class..... The Last time I flew BC was a couple of years back in 2014/15 going to and from BKK direct to Brisbane.

To my utter disappointment Business Class no longer have pods or fully flat beds !! Last time I flew they did. Why the hell they don't let the foot part come all the way to give a flat surface, is beyond me, there is certainly enough space. Needless to say I won't waste my $$$ on Business Class again. 

Buyer/flyer beware. 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Sorry for your bad experience. But this thread is useless without basic info such as flight nunber, airplane type etc. Thai Air does have some non lie flat business class planes left.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

You should always check which plane flies on the routing you have and then check seating on seatguru or the airlines website. it will tell you if it's fully flat or angled.

For example the route I fly, Thai from London, has fully flat beds on their 2 different airplane types.

They use the 777-200 on this route. They have 6 in their fleet.

They shifted around the fleet a couple of years ago when they had, yet another, restructuring. I’m not sure what’s happening with their plans for new aircraft now as they’d been losing so much money. They still have a number of old planes.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yeh, my bad. 

Normally I would check such things, but it was literally a spur of the moment thing.... 

Cutting down the number of flights has certainly filled the planes that is for sure. 

If I could sleep on my back it would not have been a problem, but alas unless I am totally drunk I am side sleeper ! 555555 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

You were unlucky as they have been using the 787 "Dreamliner" for the past few years on this route which would have been nice in Business Class, but in my view worse in economy! Ironically not upgrading on this flight and staying in economy would have given you more room than on the 787!

Well I've took the 2pm from Brisbane loads of times

When I'm feeling flush I ask for the 700 upgrade 

Never got it in 7 trips

It's a great flight by the way

You can work the morning amd get to bkk by 9pm

Archived