Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Galaxy S7 edge glass replacement

doug

I have cracked the glass on my curved screen. I know most shops want to replace the screen and glass and I am getting quotes here in the US for about 7000 baht. I have seen a video of a tech that cryogenically freezes the screen which allows the glass to be easily separated and then replaced. Does anyone know of a shop that does that or will replace only the glass?

I want to upgrade but I would like to get the S10 but not until the price drops when the Note 10 comes out this fall or maybe when the S11 comes out. My phone seems to still do a decent job but I can buy a used one for the same price to replace the screen. My next phone will have a flat screen as this curved screen is not worth it. The Galaxy S10e may be my next phone. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Tuk com ... Pattaya tai 

Tried to fix my phone at Samsung Customer service at North Pattaya , refused to fix my phone because it was bought in Ireland .. :unsure:

Come out of Big C on Central Pattaya Road down the steps of the main entrance. On the opposite side of the road by the traffic lights there is a big double shop who do replacement screens for everything you can think of. I had an Ipad Air 2 cracked screen replaced and it was 2000 Baht and could have picked it up within the hour. They also do screen protectors and fit them also.

I know many places at tukcom and elsewhere that replace glass. The issue I have is that it is a curved screen and glass and it's difficult to separate them without breaking the screen because of the curved edges which all other phones and tablets dont have. I saw a video on youtube of a guy freezing the glass to make it less sticky where he could separate them easily. I am hoping someone had their glass only replaced on an s7 edge, s8 plus or so plus with the curved edge. Otherwise I am stuck buying a screen and the glass which is probably not worth replacing on an s7 edge at this point. Thank you

Tuk com ... Pattaya tai 

Tried to fix my phone at Samsung Customer service at North Pattaya , refused to fix my phone because it was bought in Ireland .. :unsure:

Samsung Customer Service หมู่ที่ 5 159/274-275 N Pattaya Rd Closed ⋅ Opens 8 a.m.
Thank you, I'm in America now and I'm debating what to do as I want to have my screen repaired in Thailand if it's a decent price or buy a new or used phone before I go to Thailand. I will try to give them a call from the states and see how much.

• 1 month later...

I was just a tukcom and I was quoted 5-6k with changing out the glass and screen. I then found a couple shops that would change the glass only. The best price on that was 3k and it was a shop on the outer edge with 44 in the name....sorry I forgot the full name. I may do that as it's a spare phone.

This was a quote for my S7 edge with curved glass and that's why many shops won't just change the glass as the screen can be damaged easily.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You can get a refurbished s7 on ebay for about 6000 baht ($180). https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-SM-G935T-32GB-T-Mobile-Very-Good/232121117561?hash=item360b7f2b79:m:mwMhWAOoy3wo6GUG912aaiA:sc:USPSPriority!95032!US!-1

What happens if they break the display while changing the glass? It looks very difficult.

I cracked my 7edge screen last year and because the phone was still quite new, I was getting quotes around 11,000 at tukcom and the official Samsung store. Looked into pricing back in Canada which was about the same, so I figured I might as well get it fixed at the official Samsung store here cause I still had a couple months left in my holiday and just an old iphone 4 as a backup. After a while at the store, I was told something similar to @jocky king. The screens in Canada were different to the ones in Thailand, so they wouldn't fix it. I didn't want to do it a tukcom due to the fact that if anything else went wrong with it, I'm sure Samsung back home would've said the warranty was void. In fact, I don't think I'd get any major work done at tukcom. It may be cheaper, but you probably get what you pay for. Have had more than a few friends get their phones fixed but within a few months, the replaced parts stop working.

Archived