Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Baraquda Pattaya

userbase1234

stayed there 2 weeks ago for a week,hotel is great however i do agree for the price i paid it could use some tlc. Service is fantastic and the bed is great,pool sees sunlight until 2pm

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

thanks for the heads up! ill probably try it out as the location is too good to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, userbase1234 said:

thanks for the heads up! ill probably try it out as the location is too good to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t worry too much about location as long as you are close to the baht bus route

Most of the rooms overlook the pool area and not much else. Rooms need updating. Good central spot. Would stay there again though but I'm going to try out the Mera Mare when I go in June.

36 minutes ago, lowtax said:

Most of the rooms overlook the pool area and not much else. Rooms need updating. Good central spot. Would stay there again though but I'm going to try out the Mera Mare when I go in June.

Stayed baraquda 2 weeks ago and mera mere last June,barracuda is much better in mere mere ur paying for sea view rooms are basic pool is 0.8meters down

On 24/02/2019 at 20:06, gmoule said:

Stayed Baraquda 2 weeks ago and mera mere last June,barracuda is much better in mere mere ur paying for sea view rooms are basic pool is 0.8meters down

Hmmm it'll be interesting to compare. Are you serious about that pool depth? That's like... thigh height 

yeah,dived in smashed my head on the floor,walked to the end and its 0.8 all way down,got out and never went back in 

The bed at Mera Mera was so bad that after the first night, i changed the hotel despite my nonrefundable booking for 6 nights at Mera Mare hotel. Would never stay at Mera Mera again. I complained to reception and asked for change of room; one lady was trying to help me to change the room; but the other lady intervened, said something in Thai to the lady helping me  and then  told me the hotel is fully booked and couldn't change the room. I didn't argue,  just booked a room at Siam@Siam with a great service and nice bed on 22nd floor. 

On 24/02/2019 at 19:06, gmoule said:

Stayed Baraquda 2 weeks ago and mera mere last June,barracuda is much better in mere mere ur paying for sea view rooms are basic pool is 0.8meters down

Besides the location, I think you can do much better for the money. I used to stay there every year. The service is great. Breakfast is decent. But the rooms need renovation. Unless they swapped out the mattresses, during my last stay the beds were very soft and worn out.

14 hours ago, mochatsubo said:

Besides the location, I think you can do much better for the money. I used to stay there every year. The service is great. Breakfast is decent. But the rooms need renovation. Unless they swapped out the mattresses, during my last stay the beds were very soft and worn out.

Any recommendations on better places to stay for the money?

9 hours ago, sadisfied said:

Any recommendations on better places to stay for the money?

For that area, I would go to the Avani Pattaya. It is a little more expensive, but it is a better value. Fit and finish is better. Pool is super. Food and Bev is better. Gym is much much better.

One down side is that there is no step in shower. It is a tub/shower combination in most (all?) of the rooms. 

Thanks for the advice!  After some more shopping around, I found a pretty good price for Avani the weekend I'll be visiting, so I booked there instead based on the recommendations here.

I'm considering getting a suite at Barraquda - what hotels would you recommend for the same or Less money?

Ideally I'm after something with a Jacuzzi, was considering LK Empress Jacuzzi Suite as its significantly cheaper

On 05/03/2019 at 04:24, userbase1234 said:

Thanks for the advice!  After some more shopping around, I found a pretty good price for Avani the weekend I'll be visiting, so I booked there instead based on the recommendations here.

Avani has 1000 baht joiner fee.

Yeah i didn't realize that until after I booked... I'm going to take the advice in the other thread and request a 1st floor room and hope to avoid the fee.

I would definitely recommend Baraquda. I have been going to Pattaya for 6 years now. I started staying at the LK renaissance, but it overlooks a couple of loud bars, so its noisy at night. Switched to Areca Lodge, which is good. After that I stayed at the LK Empress a few times, which was nice the first time I stayed, but they never maintained it and it started getting run down, so next trip I stayed at Baraquda. All the mentioned hotels are good, but I prefer Baraquda for the good breakfast, attentive staff, great pool and other Facilities. Personally, I did not find the room to be run down as other posters have said, In fact they were refurbishing some of the rooms last time  I was there in November.

• 4 weeks later...

I always stay at the Baraquda and its great. Rooms are fine, and pool nice but loses sun at 3pm. Staff and location awesome. I was a regular at the Marriott (now Avani) in the their garden suites which were fantastic. Stopped staying here after they introduced the stupid joiner fee. Tried the Hilton which was crap and overrun with families and kids. So always book in Baraquda now. The Wave not bad and girl friendly but lots of families.

Archived