IGNORED

Buying sim in pattaya

Moonpig

Hi

I'm wanting a basic sim for my old iPhone just to call local 

where’s the best place to buy and do I still need my passport on purchase, or will a driving licence suffice.

night one here we go.

Airports and 7/11's stock them.

Last time around i picked one at a random mobile phone store in the centeral marina shopping centre. Did'nt need any ID which was a first for me. I guess they registered the sim to an account they already had setup.

3 hours ago, drzoom said:

Airports and 7/11's stock them.

Last time around i picked one at a random mobile phone store in the centeral marina shopping centre. Did'nt need any ID which was a first for me. I guess they registered the sim to an account they already had setup.

The last time I was in Thailand was 20 years ago. Do they have different carriers or telcos? Which would be the best coverage for Pattaya. And about how much do the sims cost at airports and 7/11's?

4 minutes ago, offthewallsamiam said:

The last time I was in Thailand was 20 years ago. Do they have different carriers or telcos? Which would be the best coverage for Pattaya. And about how much do the sims cost at airports and 7/11's?

Yes different carriers just like anywhere else.True move was last one i used. Coverage was fine, i paid around 600b for a 2 week Sim deal.

I went with the AIS store in basement of Central Festival mall. 

My trip was about 30 days, so I paid for a SIM & unlimited medium speed 4G for a month.

I believe the cost was around 500 baht.  Service was excellent throughout Pattaya, and only slightly spotty on the way back to BKK.

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

You can pick up a SIM for 49 baht at the airport.

Don't waste your money on anything else. The sales staff may try to push you. Don't budge.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-sim.html

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/international_service/visit_thailand/en

http://www.ais.co.th/travellersim/

If you need data, you can add-on a suitable pack.

12 hours ago, JamesFerris said:

I went with the AIS store in basement of Central Festival mall. 

My trip was about 30 days, so I paid for a SIM & unlimited medium speed 4G for a month.

I believe the cost was around 500 baht.  Service was excellent throughout Pattaya, and only slightly spotty on the way back to BKK.

Don't let your SIM expire. New packages aren't as good.

Archived