IGNORED

Motorbike from Thailand, to Cambodia then Vietnam

teatimer

Hi friends, I did a bit of research but couldn't find very many good answers. I have a plan for travelling on a motorbike from Thailand, through Cambodia then into Vietnam. I guess the idea is to purchase a bike in thailand and sell it again in Vietnam. Just wondering if there's going to be any problems going from country to country with Thai plates. Also would there be any issues selling again in Vietnam? Don't really want to be stuck at the border. Should be a pretty great adventure if I can pull it off. 

Thanks for that link Farmer.

I've also been thinking about doing this. I've looked into bike tours which are pretty expensive, but then again so is buying your own bike in Thailand (e.g. my Harley Sportster is A$18k new here and about A$38k in Thailand)

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Four years a mate and I rented bikes in Chiang Mai and rode down from Chiang Rai through Laos to Vientianne and back through Thailand to Chiang Mai. There was a great deal of paperwork to be done by the rental shop, which they did. Since then the Asean agreements may have made it easier. The problem was stolen Thai bikes being sold across the border. A rental bike may be your answer but you'd have to return it to Thailand rather than sell it.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

google GT rider, you should find all the info there.

Doubt you'll be able to sell a Thai bike in Vietnam, also the paperwork going across borders can be a ball ache.

Archived