IGNORED

Thai air exit row seats?

daytripperz

Are these bookable or just allocated at check in? I'll be flying from Heathrow. I've had a google search with little joy.

I'm a little over 6' 4" and can just about manage a normal aisle seat with a stop over in the ME, but not a chance on a direct flight. It's just that Thai are currently a decent price for my Xmas trip. I buckled and booked Eva PE for my June trip (not used it before but looks like even with my long legs it should be OK), but that's currently 1500 quid for crimbo :/ (and Eva now charge for exit row in economy)

The airline needs to be confident that in an emergency passengers in an exit row are fit and capable of assisting  the cabin crew.

For this reason, you will find that seat allocation into exit rows is normally done at check-in only.

You should web check-in 24 hours before your flight; the exit row seats are usually shown as not available. So get the best seat you can.

http://www.thaiair.com/ADD_IWCI/Checkin_Process.jsp?random=1407048701127

At check-in at the departure airport, you ask if you can be switched.

Good luck.

Also check what plane you are flying on. The window exit row seats on the 787 Dreamliner aren't the best as the fuselage curves inward which is uncomfortable even for short asses like me.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I have booked an exit row seat on Thai (when booking directly on their homepage), but if you for some reason can't do that, try to be early at the check-in desk, they are always helpful trying to get you a seat with extra legroom if you are tall.

6 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

The airline needs to be confident that in an emergency passengers in an exit row are fit and capable of assisting  the cabin crew.

For this reason, you will find that seat allocation into exit rows is normally done at check-in only.

You should web check-in 24 hours before your flight; the exit row seats are usually shown as not available. So get the best seat you can.

http://www.thaiair.com/ADD_IWCI/Checkin_Process.jsp?random=1407048701127

At check-in at the departure airport, you ask if you can be switched.

Good luck.

It's perplexing how these mores of aviation regulations dovetail in with the swathes of airlines who will happily SELL these seats online to a one-legged dwarf

On 27/01/2019 at 20:07, daytripperz said:

Are these bookable or just allocated at check in? I'll be flying from Heathrow. I've had a google search with little joy.

I'm a little over 6' 4" and can just about manage a normal aisle seat with a stop over in the ME, but not a chance on a direct flight. It's just that Thai are currently a decent price for my Xmas trip. I buckled and booked Eva PE for my June trip (not used it before but looks like even with my long legs it should be OK), but that's currently 1500 quid for crimbo :/ (and Eva now charge for exit row in economy)

I'm 6'4", I flew Eva PE over thanksgiving ORD-TPE-BKK return and I thought they were superb, legroom isn't issue at all.

I flew Thai a couple of years back and booked the exit row a few weeks in advance - no fee. I really like the Thai A380.

If I were you, I would look at the EVA FF program and see if there is any benefit to booking them again.

Archived