IGNORED

TM 30

wildhorse

I’m in Thailand now, renting a condo and the owner has submitted a TM30 when I first started renting here. I will have to do border run soon.  I am wondering that when I return, does the owner have to resubmit another TM30 for me because I have left the country.

I will still be renting the same condo as before with one week left on original contract but will re-sign for two more months.

The Thai Immigration have come down hard on this rule over the last year.

If you enter Thailand on any visa, you *must* be registered...either by yourself or the hotel within 24 hrs (though you normally get some leeway).

On being registered if you leave your registered house for longer than 24 hrs (either going to a new hotel in Thailand or leaving the country) will mean you need to be re-registered when you return (this also applies if you have your own place too!).

A real pain, and means that Immigration is rammed every day...they now don't let you get a Cert of Residency straight away, you have to queue to be checked that you have a valid TM30 first which is a time killer.

42 minutes ago, article22 said:

On being registered if you leave your registered house for longer than 24 hrs (either going to a new hotel in Thailand or leaving the country) will mean you need to be re-registered when you return (this also applies if you have your own place too!).

My visa run consists of taking a van to the border and coming back same day. So I will be out of Thailand for a very short period. Does that mean I don’t have to be re-registered?

3 minutes ago, wildhorse said:

My visa run consists of taking a van to the border and coming back same day. So I will be out of Thailand for a very short period. Does that mean I don’t have to be re-registered?

The 24 hrs is only the time allowed to register...nothing to do with you staying at another hotel or leaving the country :)

If you had a ST hotel like Love Inn start to register farangs then you would need to be re-registered after only an hour there (or in most mens case - around 6 mins :D:D)

A normal hotel will need to be booked for 1 night, and they would register you with Immigration online after you check in.

Leaving the country will always need you to be re-registered.

So yes...sorry for the confusion.

2 minutes ago, article22 said:

The 24 hrs is only the time allowed to register...nothing to do with you staying at another hotel or leaving the country :)

So yes...sorry for the confusion.

Ha, now I am confused. I guess the question is does my landlord have to re-register me? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, wildhorse said:

Ha, now I am confused. I guess the question is does my landlord have to re-register me? Thanks.

It is pretty simple really...

a. If you leave Thailand's border - on return you will need to register with Immigration using the TM30 or your landlord will do it (or be fined)

b. If you travel in Thailand and stay at a hotel or guesthouse, they will register you with their local Immigration - then on returning back, you will need to register again with the local Immigration

This is to do with the Thai government wanted to keep stricter checks on the movement of farangs.

When my Thai landlady initially registered my TM30 at Jomtien, she was clearly told ..if farang tenant ( me ) leaves the country, and returns during the period of the lease, then she would have re- register me.
So, on returning from a recent trip, I phoned her, and said ,dont worry ,I'll do it myself .
On presenting myself at Jomtien front desk , the conversation went something like this ..
Her : just return ? Show passport please.
Me :ok
Her: u have retirement visa ?
Me : yes
Her: same address ?
Me:yes
Her : no need report ..just do usual 90 day report when due.

Not sure if thats just Jomtien's interpretation, as u see it reported differently from time time, but they do seem to be geared to getting people thru quickly and fairly efficiently.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, article22 said:

It is pretty simple really...

a. If you leave Thailand's border - on return you will need to register with Immigration using the TM30 or your landlord will do it (or be fined)

b. If you travel in Thailand and stay at a hotel or guesthouse, they will register you with their local Immigration - then on returning back, you will need to register again with the local Immigration

This is to do with the Thai government wanted to keep stricter checks on the movement of farangs.

So if you leave the country you should advise your landlord when you return that they need to register your return within 24 hours with a new TM30?   Likely they would like to know about your plans in advance like letting them know you are leaving the country and give them the dates so they can plan ahead.

In case b. then you just go to Immigration and let them know you are back at the address they have on file with your existing TM30?

5 hours ago, Srirachapocalypse said:

So if you leave the country you should advise your landlord when you return that they need to register your return within 24 hours with a new TM30?   Likely they would like to know about your plans in advance like letting them know you are leaving the country and give them the dates so they can plan ahead.

In case b. then you just go to Immigration and let them know you are back at the address they have on file with your existing TM30?

The first point is the huge issue, as it means that you have to tell your landlord whenever you go anywhere whether it be in Thailand or outside...you can in theory get the Proxy form signed by the landlord and all their documents ready and go to Immigration yourself but a lot of landlords are wary of giving out their personal info on their properly and passport details to everyone who rents from them.

Whenever I go to Jomtien Immigration the queues for registration is always huge...been twice this year already.

Maybe they are being more lenient on people with retirement visas know they understand the massive extra workload they will have to deal with?

Only required if you will be going to Jomtien Immigration. My landlady registers me when i first arrive, i don't bother telling her about first 2 minivan border runs. On the 3rd one i tell her to register me again because i will be going to Immigration to extend for 30 days

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:

Only required if you will be going to Jomtien Immigration. My landlady registers me when i first arrive, i don't bother telling her about first 2 minivan border runs. On the 3rd one i tell her to register me again because i will be going to Immigration to extend for 30 days

Well the Thai government can fine your landlady for each time you are not registered whether or not you go to Immigration but whether they do or not is not that clear.

https://perfecthomes.co.th/tm030-registration-thailand/

I have not heard of large fines being issues to condo owners but who knows what might happen next?

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere you could report yourself as the "possessor" if the lease was in your name?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Well the Thai government can fine your landlady for each time you are not registered whether or not you go to Immigration but whether they do or not is not that clear.

https://perfecthomes.co.th/tm030-registration-thailand/

I have not heard of large fines being issues to condo owners but who knows what might happen next?
you can go everytime you do a border run but its a waste of time unless you are going to Jomtien immigration

I am confused on this topic.

Lanlord asked me to get my tm30 after leasing a Condo. Doing border run this weekend with an METV that expires in April.  Same Condo no change. Do i need to reregister another tm30 in Jomtien?

I am confused on this topic.

Lanlord asked me to get my tm30 after leasing a Condo. Doing border run this weekend with an METV that expires in April.  Same Condo no change. Do i need to reregister another tm30 in Jomtien?

Are you going to Jomtien to extend before leaving Thailand? See post #11

9 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Are you going to Jomtien to extend before leaving Thailand? See post #11

No,  already on my 30 day extension.

No,  already on my 30 day extension.
when you went for your extension they would have checked your TM30 registration. If you don't need another extension then they won't have the opportunity to check again

I have a guy staying at my place for 90 days, he arrived with a 60 day visa and today extended for the remainder, filling in the TM30 it's asking for his point of entry (airport) could I get away with his initial point of entry 60 days ago or is there another option.

Cheers in advance

Alan

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I have a guy staying at my place for 90 days, he arrived with a 60 day visa and today extended for the remainder, filling in the TM30 it's asking for his point of entry (airport) could I get away with his initial point of entry 60 days ago or is there another option.

Cheers in advance
Alan
i think your tm30 registration is 60 days late, they will probably fine you 2000 baht but often the tenant gets stitched up and pays it. i think the rule is to register within 24 hours, my reception manager does it online

2 hours ago, English rose said:

Cheers in advance

Alan

Did you submit a TM30 when he arrived? If so, you don’t need to submit another one unless he stays elsewhere in Thailand for a night or leaves the country and comes back.

If you didn’t, then you’ll get fined unless you’re very lucky. They should be submitted within 24 hours of any foreigner arriving.

Point of entry will be where he last entered Thailand, which I assume is Suvarnabhumi.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

12 hours ago, davidge said:

Did you submit a TM30 when he arrived? If so, you don’t need to submit another one unless he stays elsewhere in Thailand for a night or leaves the country and comes back.

If you didn’t, then you’ll get fined unless you’re very lucky. They should be submitted within 24 hours of any foreigner arriving.

Point of entry will be where he last entered Thailand, which I assume is Suvarnabhumi.

Hi and thanks for that, yes I did register him upon his arrival, just out of interest how much is the fine for not registering someone?

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Yes, 2000 seems to be the figure mentioned most often but I’ve even heard 10000 mentioned!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

So I’ve done the visa run to Cambodia using a van service after being in Thailand on a 60 day plus 30 day extension. Upon return, I went to my condo’s office (I am renting) and got them to fill out a new TM30 (and got charged 200 baht). They gave me a new “receipt of notification” slip. 

I was thinking I would have to go to jomtien immigration and get reregistered for staying for longer than 30 days as for now I have a 30 day but I will get a 30 extension (for a total of 60 days) later in February. So I went jomtien and I was told at the photo copy place next door that for now I don’t have to do anything, just to come back for extension later.

I’m thinking (hoping) that he must know what he’s talking about as they must deal with these issues hundreds of times per week.

I’m just thinking back to when I first entered Thailand in November and was told that I had to go to immigration immediately. So why not now? 

Anyone have experience with this?

Archived