Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Image Resizer for Windows 10

Billyboy294

For many years i have used this program from Brice  Lambson for resizing photos. Very easy and quick to use and it gives a resized photo without losing the original.  Just right click on the photo,  and the page (see below) with the options appears. Put in your size in pixels that you want (eg 800 x 1200) and "Resize". If the photo is in Landscape mode. it will resize to 1200 x 800.

Tonight when I right  ck on the photo, the page appears but is blank. Have tried many times.  Uninstalled  the original program and reinstalled it but makes no difference,  get just a blank page.

Does anyone using it have the same problem or know how to fix it. Or does anyone know a similar program that is easy to use. Have tried a few but they are so complicated. Windows 10's own one is the easiest i have found but not so good as my original one.

1390454863_ImageResizer.jpg.f517c55b1efec633f3cdd14df0827929.jpg

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Best program for image management on a small or enterprise scale has always been ACDSee. I personally have used this program for over 20 years. It does basic resizing to more complex batch processes such as file renaming, resizing, EXIF removal, archiving and sorting. It even makes web pages, prints great photos and touches up images easy and fast. The latest release is 20 but they are all good. Be sure to NOT use the database feature if you wish the program to run like a rocket. If you have thousand to millions of images that need organization and uniformity. 

Truly the ultimate image organizer, viewer, and image editor program.

https://www.acdsee.com

You can get a free version with a proper key on torrent sites with a little digging. 

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

11 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

Windows 10's own one is the easiest i have found but not so good as my original one.

I have a purchased copy of Photoshop, but as you say, if I'm just resizing a photo, the quickest and easiest for me seems to be Microsoft Photos. There are a lot of great photo editors out there, but the majority of them I think are overkill when all you want to do is a resize to post on some webpage or forum. 

7 hours ago, tequilareef said:

Best program for image management on a small or enterprise scale has always been ACDSee. //

I probably could disagree on this statement, but as the subject is Images Resizer I fully disagree :rolleyes:. No need to install such a big application, that will interfere with your system and other graphic applications, when a tiny program such as the one above can do the job perfectly :)

This small "Images Resizer for Windows" was provided by Microsoft for Windows XP, Vista,7, 8 through the PowerToys pack. It's now a free open tool manage through GitHub on a Microsoft open licence. http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

It's a tiny program, well integrated just in the right-click-menu, that allow fast and good resizing on 1 or many images (like the full directory) in one command. I use it for years and like it. :wink:

For @Billyboy294 it's still working for me. I will contact you...

Thanks for the replies.

Last night a friend who teaches computing tried for 2 hours but was unable to get the program to work. Also looked at other options including Faststone but it was so clumsy to use.

But Oukiva has the magic touch and when he came to my room this morning, would you believe, when I tried it again  it was working.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

• 4 months later...

I'm completely useless with computers, I've been close to throwing my laptop through the window numerous times. But when you say resizing, is this literally making the  images that we post smaller in appearance? Or is it to do with the size of memory storage or something?

Anyway, I'm probably on a different page to you guys, but for anyone that has come on here looking to trim down the size of an image on their posts, this is what I do.

1. Click choose file  1509600949_Screenshot(83).thumb.png.3c2010be2cd2962a290c99815cfec34a.png

2. once image has uploaded under the text box, click the + sign so it appears in the text box  1564926667_Screenshot(84).thumb.png.17cd8078914790b3102324906319b29f.png

3. Once the image is in the text box where you are writing your post, double click on the image and a box will pop up. 1120247832_Screenshot(85).png.f9eac380dc1d1fde52e07b96c77b9fac.png

Change the number where it says size and click update. I usually change it to about 300ish but you can do this as many times as you like til you're happy.

Maybe this doesn't work on all devices but it works on my Laptop (windows) and my Android phone.

Again, this is probably common knowledge for a lot of people and possibly way of topic to the above comments about resizing software but it might help some BMs that just want to make their images smaller, so they don't take up the whole screen with one picture.

NB. For those that don't know, you can also delete/resize images from posts that you are quoting. If someone kindly posts 10 shots of a girl he recently met, you can quote him to say thanks without having to repost the same 10 images again.

Addicts be brown-nosing these hoes and shit; takin' bitches out to eat, and spendin' money on these hoes....
I treat a bitch like 7-Up I never have I never will!

That's good info about the ability to resize an image after it's been uploaded, but before you click on Submit Reply. The disadvantage to that method is you have to manually do it for every image you upload.

The advantage of resizing an image before you upload is 1) the upload is much faster due to the smaller file size, and 2) the resizing apps allow you to batch resize, in other words, resize all the image files in a folder with just a couple of clicks.

Others probably have a different preferred resolution size they resize to, but for me I found 1024 x 768 works well.

• 3 months later...

I am also using Image Resizer for Windows v3.1.1 on Win10.

Have not experienced the issues you mentioned so possibly you are on an older version of the application. If not it sound like your install is broken. In that case, uninstall and reinstall again.

Good luck!

To resize an image under Windows 10,  you can simply open the image with Windows Paint,  and click on the resize button in the menu bar.

Select the size you want, click OK, then save the file.

Windows Paint is under Windows/Accessories in the start menu.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived