Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

See Me Spring Tree hotel on Soi 10

Basementcello

Upon booking my Second Pattaya trip I was bombarded on Agoda by a plethora of hotels under the same confusing name: See Me Spring, See Me Spring Too and Tree, all clumped on the corner of Soi 10 and Beach road. Wanting to stay on the beach road again but fancying a punt on something different, I took the plunge with Tree for a few nights and found a hotel more than the sum of its parts.

37c6a396671b50d93c433e8b6383bf70.jpg

All three in the See Me family are modern hotels, not flashy and definitely more apartment like in appearance but with a clean-minimalist vibe to them. Confidently 3-star would be my first impression. Each hotel is next door to the other so in case you don’t know which one you are in, you have all of 20 metres to go to get to the other. Bearing in mind it was November on my second visit and slightly more expensive all over town.

Tree hotel is perhaps the runt of the litter, without fancy breakfast hotel or gym. The staff told me I could pop across and use their sister hotel’s gym if I wanted to. There is a bare bones cafe on the ground floor, a tiny reception and that’s all, no messing around. On the roof was a pool, well a square box filled with water and a few deckchairs surrounding it. But it was all I needed really, a place to look at the sky and cool off for a moment after the exhausting trip from Japan. Here is the exhilarating vista:

2b952d73080ee19d2d18c2a5d68ab5cd.jpg

0c096cf6d509b3bd105b80e78e5564a7.jpg

I got the most expensive room with the sea view at 2000 baht thereabouts a night. Compared to the room at the Empress, See Me Spring was not as luxurious but had basically everything you could want. Large bed, decent size tv, fast WiFi and clean, modern bathroom with the frosted glass for spying on people taking a shower or doing their business...yuck. There was no desk or anything, only a comical one person sofa cushion in an alcove lit by spotlights, where girls insisted on posing naked or having fun on rather than bed, different strokes I guess. I didn’t take many photos this time but here is the bed and a certain famous Soi 6 friend chilling out.

5f519ab81f580c685f81109d81055f3f.jpg

The best part was the nice balcony overlooking the sea towards the Pattaya sign on the hills, just standing out there having a coffee and a smoke was a quiet moment away from all the cares of home. When I first arrived there, I was slightly disappointed, but slowly grew to appreciate the simplicity of the place. The staff were not fussy, helping me out with taxis and the like but literally turning their backs when I arrived with lady friends in tow, usually pretending to deal with the phone or something behind them. They certainly know their business and don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable.

4a157311c3c9ad137e652152ef8a8058.jpg

At the end of the day, everyone barring the oddball families are visiting Pattaya for the same reason, the hunt for endless companionship in a world rapidly draining of frivolous, carefree joys. If you want all the trimmings of a top class hotel; See Me isn’t for you. If however, you need a place to switch off, look at the horizon over the bay, sleep all day, party all night, wake up with friend, rinse and repeat in privacy, you could certainly do worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hotel review Mate....hugely appreciated.

Thanks a lot, wonder if anyone has tried the See Me Spring chain of hotels?

27 minutes ago, Basementcello said:

Thanks a lot, wonder if anyone has tried the See Me Spring chain of hotels?

The See Me hotels are also sister hotels of the Sandy Spring on Soi 13 and the Summer Spring on Soi 1 also near Beach Rd.

I use to stay at the Sandy Spring each trip, but did try the See Me one trip. Good location and just like the what was said about the Sandy Tree, nice clean rooms and helpful staff. I believe the room are a little larger than the Sandy Tree.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Any idea of the parking situation? It says free self parking does that mean they have a private lot or is it find your own on the street? Thanks

Any idea of the parking situation? It says free self parking does that mean they have a private lot or is it find your own on the street? Thanks

I think they had parking available but not quite sure. You could email them to check?

I like this hotel, however I found the room design varied alot within the same class, some better than others, also favoured the design of the cheaper rooms. Interestingly the rooms at the original SMS are all exactly the same, price only differs by which floor you are on.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

I've stayed here before and it's a good hotel.  Rooms are a decent size and clean, and the location is great.  Only complaints I have are that the beds are a bit noisy (some may like that though lol) and the room keys are just standard keys, not the newer RFID card keys.  Minor detail but I find standard keys a bit annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be staying at Sandy Spring with two buds in late February so hotel and local advice much appreciated.

How is front desk?  Are there better rooms to ask for?  how are the maids?

What are some Secrets around Sandy Spring?  best restaurants (24 hour)?  best massage (real thai/oil massage, not for extras -- prefer deep tissue massage), is there a BJ bar around the corner?  How about a close by stroll where freelancer's hang out?  What is Beach Road like near Soi 13?  Any all night store for soda& beer& snacks?

Security - safety box in lobby?  safe in room?  heard of any issues?

Is the pool a good hangout?  good for swimming with girls?

idiosyncrasies of hotel or staff?

What are the routes to ride going to WS, Soi 6, etc.; and from there back to Sandy Spring.  What is the fare?

I'll be staying at Sandy Spring with two buds in late February so hotel and local advice much appreciated.
How is front desk?  Are there better rooms to ask for?  how are the maids?
What are some secrets around Sandy Spring?  best restaurants (24 hour)?  best massage (real thai/oil massage, not for extras -- prefer deep tissue massage), is there a BJ bar around the corner?  How about a close by stroll where freelancer's hang out?  What is Beach Road like near Soi 13?  Any all night store for soda& beer& snacks?
Security - safety box in lobby?  safe in room?  heard of any issues?
Is the pool a good hangout?  good for swimming with girls?
idiosyncrasies of hotel or staff?
What are the routes to ride going to WS, Soi 6, etc.; and from there back to Sandy Spring.  What is the fare?

Wow lots of questions haha! Not sure you’ll get all the answers on one thread.

Sandy Tree looks to be in the same strip between beach road and second road so if I will be convenient for everything. Just take the baht bus running between Walking Street and the end of the beach near Soi 6, eat sleep, sex, repeat.

When I stayed in the spring tree hotel, which was the same chain of hotel, they were very discrete and girl friendly. My lady friends could come and go at their leisure with no checks or awkwardness

Sandy Spring is a popular hotel and used to be my go to hotel when in Pattaya. The only big con with SS is that it's an old hotel and the bathrooms are small with a tub/shower combo not a walk in shower.  Also the mattress can be on the hard side, but that's fairly common with hotels in this price range in Pattaya.   Also there's no breakfast buffet, but they have room service to order from and the food is pretty good.  The pool area also has food & drink service, which makes it good place to hang out during the day.  

On the plus side the location is excellent  and staff is good. My favorite feature was the large balcony for sitting and if you get a sea view room the views are excellent for a hotel  at that price.

If this is your first trip, then Sandy Spring is a great choice 

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked here for this coming weekend.  I was scheduled to go to Bangkok at my LLT's request, but she had a motorbike accident and will not be able to go.

Decided I would stay in Pattaya (given its familiarity), and SeaMe Tree seemed like the most attractive option on Agoda.  It will cost me about the same, but I'll save 40,000 IHG points and a BOGO certificate for later use.

Just my 2 cents: I will NEVER stay here again. If I had not prepaid via Agoda (3 night stay booked at last minute when travel plans changed), I would be out of here today.

First, although new, it is a shoebox.
Why on Earth the nightstands are literally 8 inches high is beyond me. It renders them practically useless.

My biggest issue - and why I have to post this via Tapatalk - is the NONEXISTENT WiFi service. My laptop simply does not show the network they are telling me to use. Tried restarting, refreshing, everything. I get options for every surrounding hotel & even a tattoo studio, but nothing for SeaMe Tree.
My business requires that I do certain things online. The inability to get online has crippled me until I leave.

Pros: good location; good price; newish hotel; clean room; HUGE fridge.

Cons: the dreadful WiFi (read that it was spotty, but it is nonexistent for me); shoebox - everything is tiny (closet, drawers, bathroom, balcony, and those absurd “nightstands”); there is a nook that can pass for a desk, but no chair (pulled one in from balcony); really minimalistic.

If you don’t need WiFi and can handle being in a shoebox, it might work. Good price; good location, but it is off of my list of options going forward.

Archived