IGNORED

Heathrow Departues Stopped

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

In the last few minutes all Departures from London Heathrow has been stopped because of Drone sightings.

22 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Hi Guys

In the last few minutes all Departures from London Heathrow has been stopped because of Drone sightings.

I thought Heathrow had this sorted.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

Flights departures have now I understand resumed again at London Heathrow after a Drone sighting near the northern Runway.

Departures at Heathrow were temporarily stopped after a drone was reported to have been sighted.

Flights from the west London airport resumed about an hour after police said a drone had been seen.

A Heathrow spokeswoman had said it was a "precautionary measure" to "prevent any threat to operational safety".

It comes after last month's disruption at Gatwick Airport which saw thousands of people stranded when drones were sighted.

The spokeswoman said: "We continue to work closely with the Met Police to respond to reports of drones at Heathrow.

"Based on standard operating procedures, working with Air Traffic Control and the Met Police, we have resumed departures out of Heathrow following a short suspension. We continue to monitor this situation and apologise to any passengers that were affected by this disruption."

The Metropolitan Police said they received reports of a drone sighting near Heathrow at about 17:05 GMT.

Before the confirmation flights had resumed, Transport Secretary Chris Grayling said he was in contact with the airport about the drone sighting, and had spoken to the home secretary and defence secretary.

Archived