IGNORED

3rd Tourist Visa "in a row" - problem?

Jackie2013

Have you encountered anyone having being rejected with this "kind of history": 

1 Dec 2017 - Entered the Kingdom with a SE Tourist Visa (issued in Home Country - Sweden) 

30 Jan 2018 - Extension 30 day at local IM

28 Feb 2018 - Went back to Home Country 

~ 90 Days

1 Aug 2018 - Entered the Kingdom with a SE Tourist Visa (issued in Home Country - Sweden) 

30 Sep 2018 - Extension 30 day

28 October - Left to Vietnam

~90 days (of which 150 in calendar year 2018) 

30 October - Entered the Kingdom with a SE Tourist Visa (issued in Vietnam)

30 December - Extension 30 day

January 28 - Left to Vietnam

~90 days (of which 210 in calendar year 2018) 

January 30 - Entered the Kingdom with a SE Tourist Visa (issued in Vietnam)  

Would you say I have decent chances of entering Thailand on my third SETV "in a row"? 

Can produce 20k, condo contract, flight ticket exiting Thailand etc. 

- This "180 day rule" is it on a rolling 12 month period, or calendar year period? (Is it reset 2018/2019). 
 - This "180 day rule" apparently (if existing) wasn't enforced on my when entering Thailand on 30th of october again) 

I'm certain you won't have any issues. I have been living mostly in Thailand for 3 years on tourist visas and never had any issues

• 5 months later...

what is 180 days rule ?

45 minutes ago, kiev freak said:

what is 180 days rule ?

At some point or other, someone in Immigration has been quoted as saying that Tourist Visas or Visa Exempts can’t be used to spend more than 180 days per year in Thailand. As with all so-called ‘rules’ it really isn’t one. Plenty of people stay longer with no issues BUT some people have been refused entry. As always, an Immigration Officer can refuse you entry if they want and it’s one of the reasons that can be given. 

It comes down to how much of a chance you want to take and what your other options are.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, kiev freak said:

what is 180 days rule ?

It was a rule many years back (2006-2008 if I remember correctly); due to people getting denied entry recently the rumour mill has started (likely someone read about it from when it was a rule and chinese whispers took over trying to say it's a current rule).

2 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

It was a rule many years back (2006-2008 if I remember correctly); due to people getting denied entry recently the rumour mill has started (likely someone read about it from when it was a rule and chinese whispers took over trying to say it's a current rule).

When I arrived at Swampy in November last year the guy I sat next to on the plane and I strolled together to Immigration. He went in front of me and was at the counter for a fair while.

I went through fast, no issue.

At the luggage carousel I asked him what was the problem ?

"The Immigration officer said I can only stay 180 days in a 1 year period and that this is the last time they will let me because this 30 days takes me up to that."

Maybe the Immigration guy was having a bad day or maybe there was more to the story but that's what the guy told me.

On 02/01/2019 at 02:14, Thailand Red said:

I'm certain you won't have any issues. I have been living mostly in Thailand for 3 years on tourist visas and never had any issues

You have been very fortunate I bet you will not get another 3 years with no issues.

On 01/07/2019 at 22:18, CuppaTea said:

When I arrived at Swampy in November last year the guy I sat next to on the plane and I strolled together to Immigration. He went in front of me and was at the counter for a fair while.

"The Immigration officer said I can only stay 180 days in a 1 year period and that this is the last time they will let me because this 30 days takes me up to that."

Maybe the Immigration guy was having a bad day or maybe there was more to the story but that's what the guy told me.

Cripes...

On 02/07/2019 at 05:18, CuppaTea said:

Yeah one day arriving on visa exemption at Don Mueang, an IO told me this was the last time they would let me enter without tourist visa because "i came too many times for free".

They here no rules stating that you can't come too many times for free 555, worth the same as the  reason you were given.

Archived