IGNORED

Major Cities In Europe to BKK?

Alex the Hedonist

OK...thinking of trying something new this year...instead of flying:

1) Spirit Air/Thai Air >>> Home / LAX / BKK (shortest, 1 stop)...about $1700

or

2) American Airlines >>> Home / JFK / Tokyo / BKK (a bit longer, 2 stops)...about $1400

or

3) Delta Airlines >>> Home / Atlanda / S. Korea / BKK (about the same as #2, 2 stops)...about $1400

or

4) Northwest >>> Home / Detroit / Tokyo / BKK (about the same as #2, 2 stops)...about $1400

i was thinking i might hop over to Europe on a cheap flight (can get to London, Frankfurt or Amsterdam for about $500) and then spend a couple of days there before heading off to BKK (actually pattaya) if there were flights from any of those cities that were $600 or less.

Any of you go from those cities to BKK and know the best deals? Never considered this before, but just thinkin. OR if you know of another fun place i might use to break up the trip over that would be good info too!!!

Your feedback is appreciated.

OK...thinking of trying something new this year...instead of flying:

1) Spirit Air/Thai Air >>> Home / LAX / BKK (shortest, 1 stop)...about $1700

or

2) American Airlines >>> Home / JFK / Tokyo / BKK (a bit longer, 2 stops)...about $1400

or

3) Delta Airlines >>> Home / Atlanda / S. Korea / BKK (about the same as #2, 2 stops)...about $1400

or

4) Northwest >>> Home / Detroit / Tokyo / BKK (about the same as #2, 2 stops)...about $1400

i was thinking i might hop over to Europe on a cheap flight (can get to London, Frankfurt or Amsterdam for about $500) and then spend a couple of days there before heading off to BKK (actually pattaya) if there were flights from any of those cities that were $600 or less.

Any of you go from those cities to BKK and know the best deals? Never considered this before, but just thinkin. OR if you know of another fun place i might use to break up the trip over that would be good info too!!!

Your feedback is appreciated.

Where is home? You can book a through ticket on Singapore Airlines from New York to BKK via FRA and SIN with stopovers allowed in both places in both directions.

You can fly on EVA or China Air non-stop AMS-BKK, about 10-11 hours. Depending on the month, I've recently seen economy for less than 500 euro. Amsterdam is a fun city and you can get around without a car.

From FRA, there are non-stops but for some reason they tend to be more than AMS. There are cheaper connecting flights, usually via the mid-east airlines via Dubai or other city. China Air may have some cheap fares via TPE. Frankfurt is probably not the most fun place to stop, unless you are going to rent a car. I live in Germany, about 1.5 hours from FRA.

I believe fares from LHR are generally the highest of all but I could be wrong. I've seen the fares quoted in pounds and they seem high but I have not been following the fall of the pound. London, of course, is always a fantastic place to visit.

Thanks for the input so far...I was thinkning Amsterdam might be the best choice, but cheapest fare from my end is to Germany (any major city in Germany is on the menu)...and then id take the train over to Prague for a 2 day stay (maybe) and then the train to ??? and off to BKK...

Again, might just hit amsterdam then BKK or just tough it out for the 24 hours to BKK...but, as the members here have collectively probably done it all, just thought I would ask...any additional comment is welcome!!!

Thanks guys...Alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist