Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

London Gatwick airport closed overnight due to drones

nekkid

Just now, nekkid said:

Given the apparent sophistication and timing of this attack I do wonder if it might be state sponsored.

Using drones to target otherwise difficult to approach locations have been standard operating procedure for Middle East terror squads for years ( same same UK,US and every other active military force too) so the only real surprise is that it's taken so long to reach our shores (and airports). 

Will probably get a lot of wrong 'uns now thinking how easy it might be to target a shopping centre or sports stadium or college campus whilst sitting in their bedroom in Wolverhampton and not even having to leave the house to kill a few hundred innocent bystanders without much risk of getting caught.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

treasonmay.jpg

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

These drones should be shot down then serials traced to sale outlet. If they catch one of these owners they could give them 10 years no parole. 

Just now, hatguy said:

If they catch one of these owners they could give them 10 years no parole. 

I agree but I would also propose that most sentences criminals get are way to small. I would happily pay more tax to significantly increase our prison capacity but, at a white UK male, nobody wants to listen to I say day.

3 hours ago, Biennial said:

How are drones much more dangerous than birds? Why the paranoia? Do we shoot down birds?

Do we close airports because of birds?

Have birds brought down planes? (Yes!!)

are you serious?  someone with bad intentions can fly a drone into a plane engine.

Or they can attach explosives to the drone and you can figure out the rest

26 minutes ago, rainman333 said:

It would be like a miniture 9/11 but the perpitrators would still be alive to do it again if not caught.

Really feel sorry for the thousands that have had their holidays ruined, there should be a way to sort this out quicker.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, rainman333 said:

are you serious?  someone with bad intentions can fly a drone into a plane engine.

A drone can carry a fairly nasty payload of C3 or similar explosive materials. As a function of my business I undertake air cargo security training every year.  It’s scary watching the training videos where you see actual explosive discharge and the amount of damage a small quantity of explosive substance can deliver.

Runway re-opened at 6 am and 700 flights expected today. Drone operator not apprehended.

The episode was surreal, like the opening scenes of a disaster movie;  normal life interrupted by alien technology.

18 hours ago, nekkid said:

I was reminded of the London riots several years ago when the police response was criticised for being similarly ineffective. Plod has been caught flat footed, again, was my first thought. Should have called in the military a lot sooner, or hired in private sector experts - 

Regarding the riots, a snipers bullet in the back of the head of one of the lead rioters would have quelled them quickly enough.:Clap:

I never understand why they don't get the army involved earlier....... years ago "mad cow disease " was a disaster the army came in and got it sorted...... this time the same ...... some problems just need a military mindset 

Now being reported that the later sightings may actually have been Police Drones sent up to try and find the original drone.

You really couldn’t make it up.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived