IGNORED

Back Fabrik Jomtien 2nd Road

As far as breakfast sets go in Jomtien, Back Fabrik is a tough act to follow. Multiple choice of typical breakfasts from across Europe, plus the US and the UK (can't really include the latter in Europe any more).

As I have managed to reach free bus pass age without ever sampling a bagel, I tried the Bak Fabrik bagel set, filled with melted cheese, bacon, egg, avocado, cherry tomato. Included in the price is a strawberry yoghurt with fresh fruit, coffee (cappuccino) and orange juice. 230฿.

The bagel crammed with ingredients was delicious. On the other hand, I discovered that a bagel is nothing more than a tasty bread roll with a hole in it, unless I'm missing something.

Yoghurt was good, the cappuccino much better than on my last visit. All in all, at 230฿, excellent value. With the added advantage of being open at 7am on the dot for early risers.

823ECC2C-6391-4108-9810-12306AA207D8.jpeg

677F47F0-BFCF-448B-80D9-7EEEA09F6876.jpeg

C81576CD-387E-432F-BAEE-78AA6F59094B.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

I have never been to this place,  but it interests me.

It is within 10 M of Laong's, which also has a great breakfast. You need to take about a 5 minute motorbike ride from where Thappraya turns toward Jomtien Beach Road to get to either as they are near soi 9 on Jomtien Second Road.

I have heard that Back Fabric possibly has the best bread in Jomtien, so I am likely to trek over some morning to buy some bread, but would likely also try the Eggs Benedict at Laong's instead for breakfast.

I have been there a couple of times and was impressed by the food and the service. Delicious fresh sandwidges and excellent coffees. Very well organised and the place seems to be popular given the number of visitors around lunch time.

They also sell all kind of German products (for take away) as various types of bread and meats, many sorts of German sausages and even sauerkraut.. Also there is variety of delicious German cakes (i.e. Schwarzwalder Kirsch).

Recommended....

The owner recently informed me he is now making Pastrami.

Haven't tried it yet. No doubt, it's good like everything else he serves up.

On 19/12/2018 at 22:14, TWD said:

The bagel crammed with ingredients was delicious. On the other hand, I discovered that a bagel is nothing more than a tasty bread roll with a hole in it, unless I'm missing something.

I have been very disappointed by all bagels I have tried, even in the US. Very boring bread indeed.

The fillings/toppings are OK though. You just need to find some proper bread to have them with.

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I have been very disappointed by all bagels I have tried, even in the US. Very boring bread indeed.

The fillings/toppings are OK though. You just need to find some proper bread to have them with.

I’m pretty sure they are not authentic - ie made in the traditional manner - unless they are supposed to taste like standard bread rolls. Nice and fresh though.

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

I just noticed from their web site that Back Fabric has added free delivery (9:00 to 16:00) for orders over 500 baht with a delivery within Jomtien and Phratamnak. Now that could be extremely convenient. Do not see the pastrami within the delivery list as of yet, but I would guess that a phone call could take care of that.

http://www.back-fabrik.com/ 

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I just noticed from their web site that Back Fabric has added free delivery (9:00 to 16:00) for orders over 500 baht with a delivery within Jomtien and Phratamnak. Now that could be extremely convenient. Do not see the pastrami within the delivery list as of yet, but I would guess that a phone call could take care of that.

http://www.back-fabrik.com/ 

These days as it gets harder and harder to get people through the doors, more are offering free delivery deals. The owner at BF - a popular, long-established, busy place - hinted that he was down a big % in t/o this year. I've heard figures around town quoted starting at -20% (for the busiest bakery/cafe in Pattaya), right up to -60%+ for a couple of restaurants.

Just now, TWD said:

These days as it gets harder and harder to get people through the doors, more are offering free delivery deals

Think I noticed Robin Hood now offering free delivery in the central Pattaya area, on orders over a certain amount.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Think I noticed Robin Hood now offering free delivery in the central Pattaya area, on orders over a certain amount.

Yes, they’ve had their own delivery service for a while (as opposed to FoodPanda etc). Think there was a small charge for Jomtien but not certain.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I gave the Back Fabrik delivery service a try this morning. I requested a 10 AM delivery and they were there at 10:10. Everything was fresh and tasty. I order a loaf of Walnut Bread and it was the best bread I have ever had in the Pattaya area.

I offered the delivery lady a 40 baht tip and she said no that was not necessary. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great place for breakfast, love their egg benedict, the one with the smoky bacon. Only complaint is that, in hot weather, it gets hot inside, maybe AC too small-or just need to keep door closed going to kitchen.

A while back, they did daily specials or weekly specials, the salmon was top notch, not sure if it is on main menu.

My German mate introduced me to here a couple of years ago and been going ever since not got the cheapest 99baht full English available but really good quality. The bread is fantastic.

I've been there 3 days ago and ordered:

IMG_20190108_082257.thumb.jpg.0c7fe2e4c3b915018c1f2f7a74ebf615.jpg

It was very good, but the avocado was still too hard and tasteless by that.

Just removed them and nothing else to complain.

Archived