Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Haven soi Lengkee

For a decent British breakfast fry-up, open early for the golfers, you can't do much better than The Haven on soi Lengkee (restaurant name 'A Taste of Thailand'). It's closer to the 3rd Road end, not far from Retox.

'The Works' is the smaller 110฿ option (pictured), but plenty big enough for me. All good ingredients, fresh oil, not at all greasy. Ok some might prefer streaky bacon, but the lean was fine. Two toast (thicker slices), big mug of proper tea. 30฿ for a refill.

5CB5BC21-35F3-4691-849B-543441BE34C2.jpeg

821A5493-90BA-4A14-9329-A56F682E4B81.jpeg

83DDD202-8FB5-496A-B576-D6F08C041BE3.jpeg

015F3067-E452-4737-BB37-D3FA2F26649E.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

• 3 months later...

The Panang curry here is superb too

37A701D9-22DC-4E32-9BB5-1C88592EC95C.jpeg

8 hours ago, PR1977 said:

The Panang curry here is superb too

37A701D9-22DC-4E32-9BB5-1C88592EC95C.jpeg

By the looks of the photographs of the food it appears to be a very good quality eating place. I'd go as far to say that most of the food here would be superb to quote PRI977.

On 19/12/2018 at 10:08, TWD said:

For a decent British breakfast fry-up, open early for the golfers, you can't do much better than The Haven on soi Lengkee (restaurant name 'A Taste of Thailand'). It's closer to the 3rd Road end, not far from Retox.

'The Works' is the smaller 110฿ option (pictured), but plenty big enough for me. All good ingredients, fresh oil, not at all greasy. Ok some might prefer streaky bacon, but the lean was fine. Two toast (thicker slices), big mug of proper tea. 30฿ for a refill.

5CB5BC21-35F3-4691-849B-543441BE34C2.jpeg

Agree that it's a good quality breakfast and amazing value for what you get.  But "not at all greasy"??? LOL

• Haha 1

Hey PR, how much is that panang?

looks delicious.

It’s my go to curry when in Pattaya 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 minute ago, thai2try said:

Hey PR, how much is that panang?

looks delicious.

It’s my go to curry when in Pattaya 

I think it’s 190 baht or thereabouts 

12 hours ago, PR1977 said:

:Oops1:

Looks delicious. I have always eaten breakfast at my hotel but going to try out other places for this next time, putting this on the list.

13th Warrior`s Raid  Relatert bilde

Have eaten breakfast there a few times last trip, all good no complaints,have not tried other dishes though to be honest,but may venture in for dinner next trip.

I have always thought Haven breakfast a decent alternative.  However, note this year they been really pushing some Vietnamese selections, which a bit different for Thailand.  I looked at the sign enough, did try it and have to say we have much better Vietnamese food in Canada at not that much different a price.  I like Vietnamese food quite a bit and actually think our Canadian Vietnamese food as good as what I tried on brief trip to Vietnam as well.  

too much really for penang, typical falang price. Soi buakhao, food court market 30 baht, other thai restaurants 80-100 baht

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:

too much really for penang, typical falang price. Soi Buakhao, food court market 30 baht, other thai restaurants 80-100 baht

Agreed, it’s a lot cheaper elsewhere however they use actual pieces of good quality, succulent chicken breast (and plenty of it) here as opposed to some of these other places which use meat from different parts of the chicken.

Worth pointing out that the food is cooked to order here too; some places serving Penang - and other - curries just make a large batch and serve from that over the course of the day as and when it’s ordered, I believe.

And of course The Haven is a proper indoor restaurant with air con and table service too so you might expect to pay extra for that also.

Edited by PR1977
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Leo_Bia said:

Heard today that the owner of The Haven, Stephen Beard has passed away.

Sorry to hear. This is probably the reason why The Haven closed several weeks ago. 

That’s a shame I’ve stopped at the haven a few time . My favourite rooms are on the front watching the people go in and out the post office bar place . 748678d079a1d225b61f5d88bd50f91f.jpg
RIP Stephen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Sad news...RIP

This is sad news both on the death of Mr Beard +the closure of The Haven .

13 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

A lovely wrote article and very informative. Was even things I never about him.

RIP to Stephen and condolences to those who knew and were close to him.

Another part of the Pattaya scene now sadly gone and missed....But not forgotten 

• 6 months later...

The haven site in lengkee is now trading as Sports World. used to be on buakaow and it used to have a small snack type food menu and i expect it will be the same here

645389476_29mar003(Custom).JPG.878c66575b892a497872067e522dedd2.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1